• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hi, it is not possible to change the size of the brush during use in Lightroom on mac.

Explorer ,
Mar 17, 2018 Mar 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, it is not possible to change the size of the brush during use in Lightroom on mac. On win is this no problem, but on mac is sommething wrong. Can you help me pleas?

Thanks

Tom

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are two ways of changing the brush size during use. One is using the "[" and "]" keys, which decreases/increase the brush size. The other is using the scroll wheel on a mouse (if you have one). Both are working fine on both my Mac and Win10 systems. Have you tried both methods and are therefore saying they're not working? If so, can you provide some details of software version, Lightroom version, and what happens when you try to change the size? Any error messages?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry, this works, but every time I want to resize, I have to drop the cursor on mac. on win I can change the brush size without dropping the cursor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand what you mean by "drop the cursor". Can you explain?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, it's hard to explain.

When I draw with a brush and want to change the size on a mac, I have to stop drawing to change the size of the brush.

On win I can change the size of the brush during drawing. I do not have to lift the pen on tablet or mouse.

Do you understand it?

thank you so much for your support!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, now I understand a bit better. There's no doubt that adjusting the size of the spot while continuing to draw is much more fluid on Windows than Mac, but I do find that it is still possible on Mac. One probable bug on the Mac is that when using the "[" or "]" keys while continuing to draw, the size of the cursor doesn't change although the underlying brush size does change. Using the scroll wheel on the mouse works a little better, although as I said it is a lot less fluid than on Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes! And does it have any solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines