9 Replies Latest reply on Mar 17, 2018 3:26 PM by Ienne65

Cannot get a TabbedPalette of type "web" (browser palette) in Bridge CC 2018

Ienne65 Level 1

I must be dumb--and I am certainly not at all familiar with Javascript and Extendscript--but I cannot get TabbedPalette to work....

I have a script which used to work in past versions of Bridge and, among other things, it opened an HTML page in a TabbedPalette. It does not work anymore because the TabbedPalette is not created, and I do not have a clue why.

Here is the simplest example (copied quasi-verbatim from the Adobe Bridge CC 2018 Javascript Reference):

#target bridge

// create browser palette
      var webPalette = new TabbedPalette(app.document, "myWebPalette", "myWebID", "web", "http://www.adobe.com");
      $.writeln("webPalette visible: " + webPalette.visible);

// create ScriptUI palette
      var scriptPalette = new TabbedPalette(app.document, "myScriptPalette", "myScripID", "script");
      scriptPalette.content.add('statictext', [15,15,105,35], 'Display this text in my tab.');
      $.writeln("scriptPalette visible: " + scriptPalette.visible);

I can run it in Adobe Extendscript Toolkit CC and the scriptPalette is created as expected in Bridge. Not the webPalette. I see no error message of any sort. The output on the console is as follows:

webPalette visible: undefined
      scriptPalette visible: true

Hence it seems that the webPalette is not even created. Certainly it is not visible.

What am I doing wrong?

p.

--

Adobe Bridge CC 8.0.1.282 x64

Adobe Extendscript Toolkit CC 4.0.0.1

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro