• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

digital prints and resolution-quality issues

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2018 Mar 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm creating digital art in photoshop which is printed in big sizes also(18"x24" 300 ppi).When I create the art I give this dimensions to the image(18"x24" 300 ppi)

Now there are additional graphics and elements I want to add to the image-the graphics I want to add are 300 dpi but smaller in image size-so I need to scale them-so they fit my big docoment-I'm afraid that during the scaling of the outer graphics their quality will be lost-I'm trying to understand what happens to resolution if scaling-My main concern is the quality of the digital art-the final product-I need it to be 300 ppi at big size(18" 24")so just want to understand the wise way to use external graphics -and how to scale them without harm to the resolution and quality-I'm trying to understand what happens to the quality when I scale this external graphics-do they lose their quality? Does their resolution change ? Does resolution in general changes during scaling?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you create your graphic as a vector graphic with Illustrator rather than a raster graphic in Photoshop?

I think that is the only way you won't lose resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Any raster graphics you import will align to the base document pixel grid. One pixel for one pixel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines