• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Panorama Merge Preview is very low-res in Classic CC 7.2

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something is wrong here. Just update my Classic CC to 7.2. I try to stitch pano photos and the Merge Preview generate is extremely low res. This does not happen before. I try 1:1, Smart previews and nothing worked. These photos have been stitched before and I know for a fact that I was getting a higher resolution during Merge Preview.

The problem with the extreme low res display during preview makes it very difficult to set a right projection crop, and warp, especially if any verticals such as trees are bent.

Does anyone have the same problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Define what you mean by "low res". Lightroom doesn't change the resolution of the images. It just combines images to create a panorama, and what ever the pixel content is the result of that combination is what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am talking at the stage where Lr displays a window for Panorama Merge Preview and where I choose the projection as well as boundary warp BEFORE clicking on Merge. After merging, the pano photo looks fine.

But only during Preview for merge, the preview looks blurry, everything seems "out of focus" like, nothing is sharp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haven't really noticed anything like that. Have you waited a bit to give Lightroom time to catch up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I waited for over 10 minutes and nothing changed. Try restart LR, everything is up to date, restart desktop. Nothing work. I know this problem just occurred after the update because I try different sets of pano merge (which I used in the past) and they all results in poor quality preview this time, to the point that everything is like out of focus.

I will try it with my labtop and see if anything changes.

Strange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your OS?

How much RAM?

Have you tried disabling your graphics processor?

How much free disk space on your system drive?

You might consider resetting your preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have latest windows 10 64bit. 8gb Ram. 1tg of disk space left.  I will try disable graphics card to see if it changes.

Try my Surface Pro 4 and the pano preview is clear and sharp. So definitely it's my desktop. The only changes in the desktop was updating my LR 2 days ago (haven't used the desktop for couple of weeks).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If disabling the graphics card does make a difference, you might check to see if there is a driver update that you can install that will change things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Jim  I will test it out tonight or tomorrow morning and see if it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2018 Mar 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

Unfortunately, disabling the graphics card does not work. The preview still looks blurry. Everything is up to date: Lr, graphics card, windows os.

I try uninstall, create a new catalog, nothing work.

I am running out of options and can't pin point to what the cause of it.

Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, since I cannot replicate the problem and have never seen that problem reported previously, I don't have a solution. I suppose the only real benefit of having a good preview is to be able to use the warp correction properly. Try reporting on this forum where the developers monitor much more closely and see if they have any solutions.

Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jim,

I will post my question there. in the mean time, the only way to work around this is to view the merge preview in smaller window instead of full screen as before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you running your monitor in its native resolution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, @ 1080p

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines