• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fix the blurry (unblur) picture

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2018 Mar 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone knows how to fix the blurry picture in Photoshop to be ublurred?

Screen Shot 2018-03-17 at 2.32.47 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suppose - no way

you can try to use filters:

Filter > Sharpen > Shake Reduction

or

Filter Sharpen > Smarf Filter and here set Remove Gaussian Blur option

but it maybe makes this image a little bit better but not normal sharp

pawel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's not there is not there. There are no "hidden" sharp pixels. As was already suggested, using some filters may improve the result, but there's a ton of other issues with the image. It's very low res and also noisy, so applying any effects is probably goind to do more damage than good...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Short answer - no.

If it is really unrepeatable, you could try smart sharpen - but it will give a "plastic" look to the skin

Best way is to put this one into the "I learnt something bin"  and next time ensure focus is on the subject not the distant background

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome! Thanks, davescm​! Can you please explain me the steps for this smart sharpen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

The steps to use smart sharpen are below - but, as I posted earlier, the result of extreme sharpening and associated noise reduction gives a plastically look

1. Right click on the layer in the layer panel and then choose "Convert to Smart Object"

2. Go to menu Filter> Sharpen > Smart Sharpen

3. Turn up the sharpen amount and the noise reduction amount then click OK

4. Get a soft black brush and click on the mask in the layers panel. Paint with black around the background where you do not want the image sharpened.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I tried to do that a few times, but they still look blurry. Here are two screenshots I did try do that.

Screen Shot 2018-03-17 at 7.47.24 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-17 at 7.53.45 PM.png

I am wondering if you can do it and other pictures to be unblurred i can send you by private message?

Thanks,

Juliet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2018 Mar 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

The forum is for showing how , rather than getting work done.

Smart sharpen should work (within the limitations I previously stated) . The settings I used are as shown in post 3 I've repeated them below with the rest of the dialogue. It looks like the image you are using is a different resolution to the one you posted in the first post? If so, that might need different settings.

You may also want to try the camera raw filter and try clarity as well as the sharpen tools.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2018 Mar 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

julietk, you do realize that this is about uncrashing a crashed car? There's no way, ever, you can get it back into focus. What Dave is trying to show you is emergency repair that may work as long as you don't expect too much.

EDIT: sorry about the rather brutal crash analogy, it was just the best I could think of...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines