Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate CC Crashing When Publishing?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I've been working on a bigger project over summer, and I've just now been having this issue of Animate CC crashing when I publish it as a swf. The progress bar goes to 53%, stops, then crashes when I try and publish it. I do have 24gb of ram, if it's possible that I could give Animate more ram to help then if you could let me know that would be great!

I've never really done a big project like this before, and I've put all my work into one scene. But I only have about 400 frames done of 4000, so I don't know if that should matter if it is in one scene. If it does, then do you know how to split up a sound file in Animate, because I have a sound file playing throughout the movie.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Any one timeline can have 16000 frames, and it wouldn't matter if you split it into scenes, the total would still need to be 16000 or less. So, at 4000 you may as well stay in one scene.

You could try deleting half of your frames, don't do a save, try a publish. If there is something in the timeline that is corrupt the crash should happen soon. If it does crash, try deleting more frames, if it doesn't crash delete less frames. Hopefully you can narrow down to what is causing the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any one timeline can have 16000 frames, and it wouldn't matter if you split it into scenes, the total would still need to be 16000 or less. So, at 4000 you may as well stay in one scene.

You could try deleting half of your frames, don't do a save, try a publish. If there is something in the timeline that is corrupt the crash should happen soon. If it does crash, try deleting more frames, if it doesn't crash delete less frames. Hopefully you can narrow down to what is causing the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! There was a shape tween that was causing the crash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does it crash when publishing a new fla?

if not, look for a corrupt symbol in your library.   start by eliminating everything.  if that works, use elimination by halves to pinpoint the culprit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem: how would you be able to find corrupted files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

by deleting a group and publishing.  ie, read message 2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But HOW would you know where/what it is?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you use the process of elimination.  it should take no more log (base 2) of the number of library objects to find the corrupt symbol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Is there a specific folder or folders I should look at to save time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, just organize a method so you test each and every file (until the problem is found).

i've done this a few times in my flash/animate carrier and have learned to create a duplicate fla that's used to track down the corrupt file.  if you have 1000 library symbols it will take, at most, 10 steps to find the corrupt file so it's quick and easy.  once found, go to the original, make another duplicate and only remove the corrupt file and then test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked through all of the files of Adobe Animate and found nothing. Am I doing something wrong? Am I looking in the wrong place?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2018 Mar 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you deleted every file in your fla library > published and saw a crash?

if true, you're adding files in one of the publish settings panel, or your animate crashes when you publish a new fla.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm so sorry if I sound stupid, but was I supposed to delete my .fla that keeps crashing? I though I was looking for a corrupt symbol...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You were, kglad misspoke. I believe he meant had deleted every item in your FLA library.

I use a different approach with these sorts of things. I would delete half the layers, publish, if it didn't crash do an Undo, and delete half of the layers you had deleted. If it did crash, delete 3/4 of the layers and try again. Pretty soon you find out which layer the bad symbol is in, until you have a single layer timeline that crashes. Then try deleting half the frames, unless by then it's obvious which symbol is causing the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm so glad I got the problem fixed. Thank you so much, guys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you say how you found it, and what was the thing causing the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that only works if all your symbols are on layers.  deleting library symbols is more reliable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started eliminating layers by halves, and then found the shape tween causing it. I presume I should delete whatever symbol causes the problem if and when that is the case in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines