Mar 17, 2018 Mar 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Computer Specifications:

Manufacturer: ProStar

Model: P150HM

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2720QM CPU @ 2.20GHz

Installed Memory: 8 GB
​Operating System:​ Windows 7 Professional (SP1)

System Type: 64-bit Operating System

GPU:

• Name: GeForce GTX 460M
  • Driver version: 391.01

Photoshop Information:

Product: CS5-Extended 64-bit

Version: 12.0.4 x64

Okay now that that's out of the way let me get straight to it: Photoshop has the following windows appear upon launching:

ebfca644c961d94f4e42ca360cf72682.png

I have checked the GPU driver for the latest version and I have it installed.

I have been to this page https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/error-photoshop-has-encountered-a-problem-with-the-display-driv... which led me to this option:

f01623782f124b5ac5f24fb5db0a242f.png

Which then led me to this:

782b779e47285cc592fa072d909b4433.png

Which is impossible for me to do since as soon as I launch PS CS5 it crashes.

I have also checked the forums for this question and I can see that other people have had similar problems and issues. But each of them seem to get very specific to the exact build of that user and so I figured that if I wanted a precise answer I should just post in the forums myself.

So what should I do?

Potential Factors:

• I am running two monitors: the one integrated with my laptop and an external one attached with a DVI cable.
  • I use CCleaner which removes unused entries from the registry and clears caches among other things.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 17, 2018 Mar 17, 2018

If Photoshop CS5 work on you windows 7 machine the past try resetting your Photoshop preferences.  If this is a new install pleas post the details in you Windows 7 crash report you can use Windows 7 reliability History Viewer to find the Photoshop Stopped working crash reports the double click the to see the details.

CC 2017 crash.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2018 Mar 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If Photoshop CS5 work on you windows 7 machine the past try resetting your Photoshop preferences.  If this is a new install pleas post the details in you Windows 7 crash report you can use Windows 7 reliability History Viewer to find the Photoshop Stopped working crash reports the double click the to see the details.

CC 2017 crash.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines