• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to keep canvas from moving after selection?

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2018 Mar 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how to properly term this, so please bear with me!

I just went from PS CC 2014 to 2018 last week and there is one feature which is driving me crazy: I like to move around the image or canvas I am working on in my working space quite a lot in order to focus on certain areas. Let's say I've moved it over to the left (I have actions, curves, history, etc. open on the right, so usually I am moving my canvas to the left a bit in order to see things clearly during certain procedures), and I then select something on the image. What used to happen was nothing; I would simply continue doing what I needed to do and the image/canvas would stay in place. NOW, when I do this, the canvas suddenly will snap back into default position and I can't stay where I wanted to. It's incredibly annoying! Is it possible to disable this feature?

Thanks ahead of time!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Mar 17, 2018 Mar 17, 2018

Hi Kontotherone,

I don't think it's a feature. Your description sounds like a bug that was occurring in earlier versions of CC2018 but was supposed to have been patched. Check out the following discussion thread to see if it seems like what's going on for you: Photoshop 2018 Screen Snapping Issue​. If so, make sure you're fully updated to the latest version of CC2018. If that doesn't resolve the issue, review the other solutions offered.

If that thread doesn't sound like what's happening for you o

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Enthusiast ,
Mar 17, 2018 Mar 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kontotherone,

I don't think it's a feature. Your description sounds like a bug that was occurring in earlier versions of CC2018 but was supposed to have been patched. Check out the following discussion thread to see if it seems like what's going on for you: Photoshop 2018 Screen Snapping Issue​. If so, make sure you're fully updated to the latest version of CC2018. If that doesn't resolve the issue, review the other solutions offered.

If that thread doesn't sound like what's happening for you or if you are still experiencing problems after running through the possibilities, let us know in a reply to this discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2018 Mar 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is Overscroll checked in Preferences?  If not, do so and see if that fixes it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines