• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Magic Wand Fills

Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2018 Mar 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, here is the scenario.  I have a object and I select it with the magic wand.  Inverse the selection and select a new active layer.  When I do a fill of any type (color, pattern, etc..) there is a think line around the object that was selected not filled with color.  This thin "unfilled" line follows the magic wands selection, and this is driving me crazy!!

photoshop error.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2018 Mar 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Select t with another tool like quick selection tool (W) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or go Select > Modify > Expand and add one pixel to the selection, and fill on a layer further down the stack so that there is overlap.  It is never good practice to fill selections all on the same layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I select from one layer and go to a fill layer to fill the selection.  This is a normal action when filling a selection?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines