Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom and Photoshop are exhibiting slow performance

Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2018 Mar 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I would like to move my adobe Apps from C drive to my SSD drive to get better performance.

Can anyone advise how can I do so?

Thank you in advance,

Ayala

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

uninstall the ones you don't want in their current location (https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html)

then with the CC application opened, choose the 3 dots in the upper right corner and then choose Preferences.  in the preferences panel select Creative Cloud and then look for the Install Location drop down

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/manage-cc-individual-membership.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for the reply.

So I want to make sure I got it right...

I need to uninstall Lightroom classic and Photoshop, then go the the Adobe creative cloud and using the 3 dots >preference> change install location and then reinstall the apps?

After I will do that will I be able to see my current catalog with all the photos I have already worked on?

And in general how can I import catalog from another PC (just got a new PC that's why I am handling all this issues right now)

Thanks again

Ayala

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ayalaf13446399  wrote

Thank you so much for the reply.

So I want to make sure I got it right...

I need to uninstall Lightroom classic and Photoshop, then go the the Adobe creative cloud and using the 3 dots >preference> change install location and then reinstall the apps?

correct

After I will do that will I be able to see my current catalog with all the photos I have already worked on?

How to create and manage catalogs in Photoshop Lightroom Classic CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Apparently My c drive is the SSD one but it has only 120 GB while my D drive has 1 Tera of space.

In that case what is the recommendation regrading Lightroom and Photoshop?

Should I move the installation to D driver or should I live it on C driver but change the Catalog direction to D?

And if so how do I change only the catalog path?

Thanks,

Ayala

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the catalog and production (photos and other bitmaps) files should definitely be on your d drive.  the installations should probably be on your d drive too but that depends how much you use lr and ps and how important it is to you that they open quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2018 Mar 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I did as you recommended and move both the installation of LR and PS and the LR catalog to D driver.

Unfortunately I am still getting a very poor performance... 😕

The all Idea of moving to a new PC was to improve my edit work to be faster...

I am not sure what's next.... my new PC have enough CPU and Memory space so what else can I do?

Any recommendations?

Thank you in advanced ,

Ayala

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can reset your preferences -

lightroom: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

photoshop:  https://forums.adobe.com/thread/375776

if that fails, post in the forum(s) specific to the problematic programs.  and you'll need to better explain what you mean by '..very poor performance'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If its a Intel Motherboard , try enabling Intel Turboboost.

Also check whether Intel Rapid Storage technology driver and Intel management engine drivers are up to date.

Also provide us more info like Number of Processor core , Motherboard model, Video card , amount of RAM you have.

Is the BIOS, Firmware version up to date. Chipset driver up to date?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Moving this discussion to the Photoshop forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines