• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Faded or washed out colours in LrCC

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2018 Mar 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning, hoping someone can help me. 

SInce upgrading to Lr CC exported JPEGs have washed out colours.  They were fine until the latest update, nothing has changed in my workflow or in my Lr settings.  The image below is a screenshot of the CR2 in Lr and the JPEG next to it.  This particular image has no manual adjustment and just the Auto adjust which to be fair I find pretty good and I quite often use it as a starting point.  I used ProPhoto RGB colour space.  I have some that I've done recently that on export are almost completely desaturated.    Am I missing something here?  Doing something wrong?  Misunderstanding something?  If the export bears no relation to the RAW file how can I edit it?  I've used Lr since v3.0 without any issues.

LrCC_ColourExportJPEG.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 18, 2018 Mar 18, 2018

The desaturation is caused by viewing a ProPhoto file in an application without color management.

Unless you know what you're doing, always use sRGB when exporting jpgs, which will ensure that the image will display (more or less) correctly in applications without color management.

ProPhoto is not intended for general use, but can be used for editing in Photoshop. (it has a very large color gamut, and gives editing headroom)

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW I've just done the same excercise in DP4 and the exported JPEG is the same as the CR2 in DP4 but neither like the Lr CC image.  I'm wondering if its doing something on import?  I have no import presets set.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The desaturation is caused by viewing a ProPhoto file in an application without color management.

Unless you know what you're doing, always use sRGB when exporting jpgs, which will ensure that the image will display (more or less) correctly in applications without color management.

ProPhoto is not intended for general use, but can be used for editing in Photoshop. (it has a very large color gamut, and gives editing headroom)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep - thats got it.  Thanks.  Unfortunately there's no smack-head emoji.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines