• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

March 2018 update to InDesign CC (13.1) is here!

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am pleased to announce that we have released InDesign CC version 13.1.0.76 short while ago.

Here are few of the many things we have accomplished this release.

Consistent shortcut key presets

You now have an option to use Photoshop or Illustrator keyboard shortcuts in InDesign.

New presets for mobile in New Document dialog

In this build, new presets for mobile have been added in the New Document dialog. You can

now use mobile presets for iPhone X, iPhone 8, Google Pixel, and more.

Exporting single page PDFs

Now, while exporting an InDesign document as PDF, you have an option to create separate

PDFs for each page or spread.

Merge paragraph borders

You now have an option to merge the paragraph borders of two consecutive paragraphs, if

they have same paragraph border properties.

Endnotes support in InCopy

With this build, endnotes are now available in InCopy as well. You can now import, edit, and

check-in endnotes in InCopy. You can also export endnotes as icma and icml.

Cmd-N preview

While creating a new document, you now have an option to preview the document as you

make changes in the New Document dialog.

Hex input field for colors

Currently, the hex value edit field is available in the Color Picker dialog only. With this build,

the hex value edit field is available in Color panel also.

Cross-reference UI enhancements

When you create a cross-reference, you have to select a paragraph style first and then search

a particular paragraph from a list of paragraphs.

With this build, you can search a particular paragraph from the list of paragraphs with the

help of a search bar.

IDML retains its file name on opening:

In this build, IDML will not open as an untitled document. It will open with the name of the

IDML file.

Full release notes here: March 2018 (13.1) release of InDesign CC Release Notes

Feature Summary: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/using/whats-new.html

Visit your Adobe Creative Cloud Application and update. If you do not see an update on the application please check for update from the flyout options on the application after clicking on three vertical dots. For step by step process please visit: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/download-install-app.html#Checkforupdates

Regards,

Srishti

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're calling them "familiar shortcuts." I was plenty familiar with them to begin with. Is there an option to leave them unchanged? How to I reset the preference choice? I'm annoyed by this change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It is optional to change the shortcuts to Ps or AI.

You can choose to have them as is...

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, my options upon launch were to choose Illustrator or Photoshop shortcuts, I wasn't given an option to leave it unchanged.

Took me a while, but found the preference to change it under Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2018 Mar 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fantastic! I can stop using a pdf split utility!

...fifteen years after Insite printers started demanding individual files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines