• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I set a margin with the text tool?

Engaged ,
Mar 17, 2018 Mar 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I need to type on a PDF page with a preset drawing on it, and I need to set a margin, I can't do it in preview, because it doesn't seem to have a margin, I can't open it in Pages, I could try libre office, but since I have PS, is there a margin tab? thanks, Dona

mac book air

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 18, 2018 Mar 18, 2018

After drawing the rectangle with the Type tool, just start typing. If the rectangle disappears reset the Type tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2018 Mar 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The area in which the type must appear is set by choosing the Type tool and dragging a rectangle. The cursor will appear in the upper left and typing will stay within the rectangle. You may Copy and Paste from Word if desired, as I have done here, and the typematter will recast to adhere to the box dimensions, font and size specified in the Photoshop Type Options bar. In effect, the box within a larger area defines the margins.

replace.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 18, 2018 Mar 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Norman, but the box disappears after I click in the type layer....

Best,

dona

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After drawing the rectangle with the Type tool, just start typing. If the rectangle disappears reset the Type tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines