• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Select Subject and Select and Mask

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2018 Mar 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I choose Select Subject and Photoshop selects the object but when I click Select and Mask to refine the selection Photoshop automatically creates a Layer Mask on the Background layer without letting me edit the image i.e. using decontaminate colours etc. What can I do please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm puzzled by your description. Clicking the select and mask button just opens the select and mask workspace.  Nothing happens to masks until you click OK in that space.

Before clicking OK, though you need to choose your output settings (if they are not visible click the arrow next to "output settings") This will let you choose how to take the output

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave

Many thanks for your reply and I have managed to deal with the problem. I must have inadvertently pressed a wrong button or clicked an icon erroneously but it jogged my memory as it has happened once before. I remembered seeing an icon at the top right of the screen that when clicked offered the ability to reset the tool. All now works as it should but the only thing that bugs me is what did I do in the first place!

Once again, thanks for your reply

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome - glad you got it sorted

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines