Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

open multiple photos from acr into layers

Enthusiast ,
Mar 18, 2018 Mar 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know it's possible as i did it with previous version, guess I forgot how

I took about 20 picture today and opened them all in ACR and applied the same setting to each.  I'd like to load them into PS as layers in one file and then Export them  as individual photos for the web in one hit. Anyone can advise would be appreciated. TIA

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop menu File>Scripts>Load File into stack and menu File>export>layers to files.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm about to put my fist through PS  What I did do was process them via ACR and saved them to a directory. Then opened PS, file, scripts, image processor and used that to convert to 640x480 jpegs into a new directory. However, the jpg's weren't near as sharp so I have to figure out why.

Reason for doing this is to send photos to family via email

Will definitely try your plan tomorrow. TIA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cyberwasp  wrote

However, the jpg's weren't near as sharp so I have to figure out why.

There is a quality setting in Image Processor, but other than that, Image Processor generally does a great job.

If you are resizing, remember that it all happens inside Photoshop, so it will use whatever settings you have in place. The default Image Interpolation is Automatic, which means it will use Bicubic Sharper to downsize.  I personally find this way too harsh leading to nasty sharpening artefacts.  If you have decent lenses and take sharp pictures, my advice would be to avoid Automatic.  I personally tend to use Bilinear.

I have just noticed that I have my Image Processor set to run an Action, so please ignore that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think adobe is fubar any more. I tried the above without resizing and w/wo your bilinear and they come out nowhere near the quality as they went in. In fact the actually look out of focus after. for what it's worth I shoot in raw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines