• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop history question

Participant ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I was wondering if it's possible to go back in history and delete an individual history panel without erasing all the other history panels in front?

I have added some noise destructively to a portraiture image I am working on and was wondering if there is an alternative work around. Other than using a reduce noise filter.

All answers are appreciated and thank you in advance.

CT

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have added some noise destructively to a portraiture image

Applying the Noise to a 50% grey Layer and setting it to the Blend Mode »Linear Light« (or using a Pattern Layer or Pattern Overlay) makes more sense in my opinion.

So if you can salvage the unfiltered image from the History I would recommend you do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand, you want to delete only the step with the noise but keep all the previous and following steps.

This is not possible.

Fenja

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But you can go back to before you damaged the Layer, use Image > Duplicate, go back to the end of the history and drag the undamaged Layer from the duplicate into the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is this, but it doesn't work on already recorded history:

history.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That still will likely not do what the OP expects.

Quote from the Help:

Allow Non-Linear History

Makes changes to a selected state without deleting the states that come after. Normally, when you select a state and change the image, all states that come after the selected one are deleted. In this way, the History panel can display a list of the editing steps in the order that they were made. By recording states in a nonlinear way, you can select a state, make a change to the image, and delete just that state. The change is appended at the end of the list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Exactly.

Years ago, when I first detected this option, I thought it were like the ingenious history panel of PaintShopPro - but it wasn't.

Your workaround above is very helpful.

Fenja

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines