• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Working with RAW files

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2018 Mar 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A question about Adobe Digital Negative Converter. I installed it, I have win10 home version. It says it installed successfully but when I click on the icon added to my start menu, or dbl click on the exe file, or right click on the file and tell it to open, nothing happens..it won't launch no matter what method I try.  Why won't the app open?    I really need this as I just discovered that LR doesn't recognize Sony AWR files!

Thanks

Leslie

Message was edited by: Moderator. Move from CC forum to the LR C CC forum.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the latest version of the DNG converter, it is 10.2.

Install it then opening. The converter runs on the Folder level. So you have to have all the images you want to convert in a folder on your hard drive. Select that folder then click the Convert button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the latest version..I just installed it yesterday from the Adobe site.  All my files are in a folder on my HD.  The DNG converter app will not open at all no matter how I try to open it.  I can click on the icon on my app menu, I can double click on the exe file in the directory, I can right click on the app and choose open...none of them work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

leslies52037769  wrote

I installed the latest version..I just installed it yesterday from the Adobe site.  All my files are in a folder on my HD.  The DNG converter app will not open at all no matter how I try to open it.  I can click on the icon on my app menu, I can double click on the exe file in the directory, I can right click on the app and choose open...none of them work.

The camera you have was released sometime in 2016 so you should downgrade the DNG converter to the 10.1 or even the 10.0 version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - Where can I get the older version to install?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sending you a Private Message with a link to Dropbox to download the 10.1 DNG converter.

I hope this works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please let me know when you download it so I can delete it from my dropbox account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I grabbed it - thanks.  Hopefully this will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are working with the latest version of the DNG converter, this is an issue that has been acknowledged by Adobe and they are working on it. Apparently some Windows computers are having an issue with the latest DNG converter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well then that must be the problem.  I just installed the latest version from the Adobe site yesterday.  It says it installed correctly and created my shortcuts but no matter how I try the app will not open.  Any idea of when it will be fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2018-03-18 at 9.35.13 PM.png

What Sony Camera model if it is the latest Model see the screen capture, then support for the raw files from this camera is not yet released by Adobe. Not Lightroom, Adobe Camera Raw or the Adobe DNG Converter, these applications are usually updated at the same time when a new Camera Model is released into the market.

Development and testing of the new profiles can only begin after the Camera has been made available in the market.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's an DSC-RX10 III, but that is not the issue.  The issue is that the DNG converter app will not open after installing....at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines