• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I accidentally deleted some of my PSD files! :( HELP!!!

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - I inadvertently deleted some of my PhotoShop (CC-2017) PSD files.  I have tried the "Recuva" program, and it finds them, and recovers them and they SHOW as PSD file.  However, when I try to open them, PhotoShop throws up a message that the file is not a valid Photoshop document.  Does anyone know of ANY WAY to recover my files that I can use them again!  HELP!!!  Thank you in advance if you can!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

Where these PSD's stored on the C Drive and do you have system restore setup, if so you could try a system restore

How to Use System Restore in Windows 7, 8, and 10

Bit late now but you should always have a backup of your important files

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess it is safe to assume that your OS Trash file does not hold the files and that you do not have the Mac Time Machine running. Although the result of the app you used was unsuccessful perhaps another recovery app may be more successful. This site may be useful:

Top 5 Data Recovery Software for Mac OS X

One bit of advice: Act promptly. Adding and modifying files may overwrite what is now considered as usable disc space, further destroying the deleted files.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!  I failed to mention... It's Windows 7 Pro.  Not Mac OS.    And, nope - not in Recycle Bin. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where these PSD's stored on the C Drive and do you have system restore setup, if so you could try a system restore

How to Use System Restore in Windows 7, 8, and 10

Bit late now but you should always have a backup of your important files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here's two articles from trusted sources (meaning they are not trying to sell you something):

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17119/windows-7-recover-lost-deleted-files

How to Recover a Deleted File: The Ultimate Guide

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines