• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My Adobe Pro V.11.0.07 has frozen, cannot close, and I can't view PDFs - fixes?

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem started with combining different files (and types, like MS Word) into a single PDF: combine function would freeze and then a single document I was trying to combine would open, and be blank. Shortly thereafter, my version of Adobe Pro stopped working altogether: PDFs were not opening (only as solid white or black pages), and the associated window(s) would not close. I now have a monitor full of opened, blank windows. The program will not close, and re-starting my Mac doesn't address the issue.

Help please!

Thanks!

_Sean.

Moderator: Moved to Acrobat General Troubleshooting forum

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Hi Sean,

Sorry for the trouble, please close all open Acrobat file and Acrobat application. Reboot the machine.

Use Acrobat cleaner tool Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs to remove Acrobat from the machine.

Reboot the machine again, and install Acrobat from Download Pro or Standard versions of Acrobat DC | Non-subscription

Let us know how it goes and share your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sean,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, as per the description above, Acrobat Pro is crashing and freezing and you are not able to open PDF files, Is that correct?

Please check for any pending updates of Acrobat from help>check for updates, install the updates and reboot the machine.

Try resetting the preference of Acrobat, to reset preferences, refer to How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to default.

If the issue still persists, please use Acrobat cleaner tool to remove Acrobat Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

Reboot the machine and install Acrobat from Download Pro or Standard versions of Acrobat DC | Non-subscription

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2018 Mar 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much, Anand, and yes that is correct: Acrobat Pro is frozen and I cannot even view PDF files. I attempted to install the update, as you suggested, but the update cannot complete because I am unable to close the program!

I really do need some help, and I hope you can assist. I really depend on Acrobat Pro!

Thanks, and I look forward to hearing from you!

_Sean.

[Personal info removed by Mod: Phone number, address, email] Note: Please do not share the email address, phone number or any personal details on the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sean,

Sorry for the trouble, please close all open Acrobat file and Acrobat application. Reboot the machine.

Use Acrobat cleaner tool Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs to remove Acrobat from the machine.

Reboot the machine again, and install Acrobat from Download Pro or Standard versions of Acrobat DC | Non-subscription

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for checking back in with me, and I think all is better now: was able to close all windows after several attempts and install the update (11.0.23).

_Sean.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great! Good to hear that the issue got fixed, nice job troubleshooting that.

Feel free to update this discussion for any further assistance.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines