• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

First Slide is inserted in Presentation

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2009 Jan 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating a simple presentation file on how to create a shortcut and rename it Windows file view. Everything is fine, I open the directroy, open the sub-directroy, right click the file and select "Create Shortcut" from the menu, A shortcut is created, then I right click the shortcut and modify the name and click off the newly renamed shortcut and press END.

When I play it back in a browser, when I right click the file to create the shortcut, the next slide is the first slide (where I am choosing the first directroy) in my presentation which has another directroy selected, and a highlighted area, and a caption that says "Select Create Shortcut" from the menu. After this slide happens everything reverts to the presentation correctly. This slide pops up no matter how many times I re-create the presentation.
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 27, 2009 Jan 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must have discovered a bug in this better than Authorware program. All the Adobe mavens are ignoring this post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 27, 2009 Jan 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi russcub

Are you also RLWindle? If a post has no replies it doesn't necessarily mean that it is being ignored. Perhaps there simply is no answer. Or perhaps it was posted during a really busy period and it sort of fell through the cracks. It's also possible that we don't really understand what is happening and the original poster (OP) needs to clarify.

After looking at this post, I think more clarification is in order. I come from a call center (help desk) background and feel I'm pretty decent when it comes to visualizing what is happening. In this case, I'm not sure I fully grasp what is going on.

So assuming you and the OP are one and the same, perhaps try restating the issue. Or posting an example for us to look at or some fairly detailed steps so we might try to re-create.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 28, 2009 Jan 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, russcub and I are one and the same, I own a license, and the company I work for owns a license.

The problem is:

I am creating a simple presentation file on how to create a shortcut and rename it Windows file view. Everything is fine, I open the directroy, open the sub-directroy, right click the file and select "Create Shortcut" from the menu, A shortcut is created, then I right click the shortcut and modify the name and click off the newly renamed shortcut and press END.

When I play it back in a browser, when I right click the file to create the shortcut, the next slide is the very first slide (where I started the presentation) is inserted (not the slide I recorded) in my presentation which has another directroy selected, and a highlighted area, and a caption that says "Select Create Shortcut" from the menu. After this slide happens everything reverts to the presentation correctly. This slide pops up no matter how many times I re-create the presentation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2009 Jan 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
In other words I record the slides as follows

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6,

When I play them back after recording they are in this order.

1, 2, 3, 1, 5, 6,

The first slide is inserted where the 4th one should be. I have no idea what it does with the 4th slide, it is there, but for some reason only known to Captivate it ignores it and inserts the first slide again in lieu of the 4th.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources