• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC Update - Changes to PDF? Help!

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I need some help!

For a while I've been creating multiple artboards in Photoshop and using "Export - Artboards to PDF" to select an individual artboard and export it as such.

Prior to the update, my PDFs have been correct "actual size" and resolution for printing, with minimal file size (typically under 10mb), which is what I need. After the update, my PDFs are still the same print size and resolution, but the file sizes are massive, upwards of 800mb, way too big to email.

What can I do to revert back to exporting Photoshop PDFs with a reasonable file size from selected artboards? As a workaround, I was able to bring the massive PDF into Illustrator and export from there, with a small file size, but that just adds an extra, unwanted step.

I appreciate your answers!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bump

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a HUGE PLUS ONE for this problem. After the update, it seems as though PS doesn't compress the file down like it used to. I presume you haven't found a solution for this yet?

Thanks,
Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried a 3rd party program that produces .pdf's and installs like a printer?  There are many like CutePDF, free.

In Ps, "print" to the pdf printer instead of export

Doug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is that something which once worked no longer does. The answer to a bug isn't really "did you try this workaround"...no offense, of course. I could certainly export each page as a PDF, then run it through a compressor or something. But this thread is about a bug in the export feature that (in my case) didn't exist until the most recent up date.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Found a solution to this problem:

• Take the Artboard PDF you exported and open it in Photoshop.

• Save as a PDF again

• This time use the "Photoshop PDF" option under Save As. 

Unfortunately it's an added step... but at least you can get a compressed pdf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines