• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Grey doesn't like me.

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am colorizing a photo that was black&white now in RGB. All coloring has been done on new layers in color and starting with opacity 100% No problem - except when I am trying to use a grey swatch? What have I done?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be helpful it you posted a screen capture and told us what you see when painting gray.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a black & white background, and you paint with a gray swatch in color blend mode - what did you expect would happen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would expect the white being painted over in color mode to become grey.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gray is monochrome, black & white is monochrome. So nothing changes. This is all working as it should.

For gray to have an effect here, it would have to be in Luminosity blend mode (or Normal).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not show us what you see I see gray on my machine what do you see are you ever going to tell us?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JJ, the thing here is that he's in Color blend mode. That's why it makes no difference on a B&W background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

They state they do not see gray over white in color mode.  I do. They do no state what they see. They do not show what they see. What can we write. If  his empty layer is  in color mode he see white in the image but the layer palette should show gray on the empty layer,  I agree they do not understand how blending modes work. They also do not know how to look at] thing in Photoshop.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines