• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where can I find my License key in Lightroom?

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2015 Jan 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased a full version of Lightroom 5 online about 5 weeks ago. All was well until the develop module stopped working last night and I'm now getting a "develop module disabled - renewal required" message. I'd like to check that my license key is correctly entered, but can't find it anywhere - any help would be appreciated

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 31, 2015 Jul 31, 2015

You can find the serial # in a file called Lightroom 5.0 Registration.lrreg, which is located in

C:\Users\[Your username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom

This is on Windows, I imagine it's something similar on a Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you bought Lr online from Adobe you would have received the license key by e-mail from Adobe.

If you really can't find it (also check the Junk-mail folder) you have to contact Adobe sales. They can verify that you have a valid license and provide the key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you do remember having entered this license key and you do have it available, but you do not remember where to look?

You will not get it displayed in clear text fully: Menu Help - System info will show you in the first line "Serial Number" with the last four digits xxxx.

To (re-)enter it you go for Menu Help - Lightroom Registration, then switch to 2nd entry in the list on the left "License", where you find all with ****.

Cornelia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2015 Jun 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it only shows the numbers as ****, how can i find the numbers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your on a PC you can download a program called Belarc Advisor which will do an audit of your machine and tell you,amongst other things, the full passwords of the programs installed.

Colin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a Windows PC go to C:>ProgramData>Adobe>Lightroom. Open the Lightroom 5.0 Registration.lrreg file in a text editor e.g. "Notepad", using "All Files (*.*)".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the develop module is disabled and you are being asked to renew then you have downloaded and installed the creative cloud version of Lightroom. It is the same program, but is licensed completely differently. You cannot activate it with your serial number. You will have to uninstall that version, and then install from here:

Product updates

If the installer doesn't prompt you for the serial number, you can get to the registration screen through the help menu in Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2015 Jul 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are still looking, go to your Adobe account, go in you "products" section and you are suposed to see your Lightroom key

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 31, 2015 Jul 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can find the serial # in a file called Lightroom 5.0 Registration.lrreg, which is located in

This is on Windows, I imagine it's something similar on a Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2016 Sep 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You!  I found the file 5.0 Registration.lrreg!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. You CANNOT find the serial # in a file called Lightroom 5.0 Registration.lrreg, which is NOT located in

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The correct location is

C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Per, Unfortunately for me, that address goes to a folder with no data.

I found what I wanted eventually  on the Adobe login site.

Thanks again for taking the time.

Regards,

Don.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where on the adobe site did you find it?  Ive logged into my adobe and can't find my product code for Lightroom 6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you didn't register Lr 6 with Adobe, you will not find the serial # in your account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My computer says it doesn't have a program to open it. Is there something you need to download to view this file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a plain text file that you can open with Notepad. (Windows)

I believe the Mac equivalent is called TextEdit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines