• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

why can't I assign a keyboard shortcut for "Add Layer Mask"

Enthusiast ,
Mar 17, 2018 Mar 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've examined the Keyboard Shortcuts section under Application Menus in Photoshop CC 2018, but there seems to be no way to add a keyboard shortcut for Add Layer Mask. I use this feature all the time, and having to always mouse over to the icon is cumbersome. Isn't there a way to assign a shortcut to that command?

I've tried via the Action Menu but that doesn't work either. It's strange because other Layer Menu commands like Add Layer or Delete Layer are easily assignable. As you can see from this menu shot, even though Apply Layer Mask has Shift+Command+M assigned to it, that doesn't work either.

Is there something I'm missing? Or is it impossible to assign a keyboard shortcut to Add Layer Mask in Photoshop CC?

Screen Shot 2018-03-17 at 12.38.51 PM.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2018 Mar 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You want Layer Mask>Reveal All (white mask)

lnra.jpg

Layer Mask>Hide All is a black layer mask

Apply is for applying an already made layer mask to the layer itself

(merge the layer mask and layer)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your help Jeff. If I could just ask you one more question, the only other shortcut I haven't been able to find is the one for adding a Levels Adjustment in the Layers Panel. Am I missing something here as well? Thank you in advance. 

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You want to go to Edit>Keyboard Shortcuts>Application Menus>Layer>New Adjustment Layer>Levels or Panel Menus>Adjustments>Levels.

adj-1.png

adj-2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines