• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

4K video/audio out of sync after copied to a 1920x1080 sequence...

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using 12.0.0 Premier Pro CC. On a Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6.

Brought my 4K footage into Premier and sync'd two external sources of audio with timecode feature in Premier. When I used "new sequence from clip," after right clicking the newly sync'd sequence, everything matched up. However, after making a 1920x1080 sequence and a copy/paste of the 4K audio/video, my sync starts to lag. Both sequences are set to 23.976fps. Not sure why this is happening. The 4K sequence is perfect, but when copied to a 1920x1080 sequence the audio and video drift out of sync. Not using proxies by the way. Help, this is frustrating. Does anyone have a work around or can share their workflow for 4K audio syncing? Screen Shot 2018-03-19 at 12.29.04 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-03-19 at 12.29.57 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-03-19 at 12.30.12 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi incredulous411,

This is odd! Sorry for this annoying issue.

• What is the source of your media?
  • Is this issue specific to 4K media only?

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yea, it's extremely strange and frustrating. Everything was shot on canon c300mkii's (internal 4K). I transcoded the .MXF files to ProRes422 in Media encoder. But it was all shot on 4096x2160 (4K). The timecode was off on some interviews so I had to manually adjust. Thinking it was a bug or something I used Pluraleyes, and the 4K sync was perfect. Then after a copy and paste into a 1920x1080, the sync was slipping. It happens infrequently. I tried nesting and that didn't work either. This is my first time working with 4K so I'm new to this workflow. Also first time syncing with timecode. So it's a little new as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines