• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

complex motion along spaghetti-like lines

Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The attached image is part of a series of images that have been used in a PowerPoint presentation. The illustration has been created in Illustrator. My client is asking to create motion along each line (which I have done in the past with much simpler paths using Vegas Effect) from its source at the top down along the lines as they enter the funnel. I am also being asked to create little flashes at intersection points. Seems like a nightmare with my limited knowledge of AfterEffects. How can I create the effect without having to redraw each line as a separate layer in AE? Any resource/tutorial you can point me to would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Connections.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I create the effect without having to redraw each line as a separate layer in AE?

You can't and that to be so blunt ist the bi_ch of it. Even the most clever plug-in is going to need guidance. Of course you can copy & paste the paths themselves, but the rest will still require a lot of manual intervention. There's no simple way to just tell AE to make things blink. You still would have to place Nulls or point controls wherever you want the flash to happen and then animate layer opacity or an effect parameter. Things would perhaps look a bit better had this been designed and created with later animation in mind, allowing for a more streamlined structure, but as it is, you will just have to swallow the bitter pill and invest a lot of mna hours.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. I thought so. Needed a response from a forum to prove to the client that it was more work than it was worth. Thanks for the quick response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines