• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC / Adobe Stock Scam. Super sneaky and unethical business model!

Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This new business model Adobe started with a few years back is really getting to me. I have learned the hard way, but I know easy it is to fall for this super unethical scam business model that Adobe now practices.

How this once very serious and respectable company, Adobe, has sunk to this is beyond me?!?

I have been through the chat support asking about it, but that ended with some Adobe support dude named Manoj Kumar said that he would "escalate my case and that someone will get back to me via e-mail". I can't say I was the slightest surprised a few days later when I got the message "We have resolved your Stock issue and are closing case number ADB-XXXX".

The thing that is bugging me is that when opening a new document in Photoshop CC, you are offered all these "FREE" templates.. exept that they are not free at all, they are just a very dirty sneaky unethical way of Adobe to get you to unknowingly sign up for the ridiculously expensive and useless Adobe Stock subscription.

Since I have experienced problems with Adobe Stock "FREE" stuff before I was very cautious before using any of them, and I wanted to know how "FREE" these templates really are, so I contacted the support to verify. And the reply I got was "I would like to inform you that there is no free templets for Photoshop".

Ok, so it is just like I thought. But why are Adobe advertising them as free... and why does it not say anywhere that you sign up for a super expensive subscription that is almost impossible to get rid of?

So, here is a huge warning to all you guys that think of using these "FREE" items, warning for Adobes new scam business model.

Skärmavbild 2018-03-14 kl. 18.06.57.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what your problem is, I count 100 free templates. You just click on the selected template to download it-it is not pre-installed with Photoshop. Can you screen capture the dialog asking you to pay?

Incidentally, Adobe Stock is not an expensive scam and can be a valuable resource, particularly as you can work with a stock image before purchase which is something I don't think you can do with other stock libraries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem is that these templates are not free as stated. Perhaps for someone that have a Adobe Stock subscription, but not for me that neither have or want a AS subscription. If I download any of the "FREE" templates I would unknowingly sign up for a costly Adobe Stock subscription, which also is pretty hard to cancel. It does not say anywhere that you sign up to AS, but the amount will start to draw from your credit card.

All you see is "FREE" which is false. Imo that is a scam, but if you are reluctant to that particular term, I can also go for fraudulent business scheme.

For one that does not need or want Adobe Stock, it is indeed super expensive. I'm not a business user, I fiddle around on my spare time and for a user like me any components I have that I have not asked for, signed up to, wanted or needed are expensive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I attempted to replicate your issue and clicked one of the "free" assets. It popped up a "Licensed" dialog and then let me download. I did not have to pay anything. I think you might be confusing a free license with a paid license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quite right Jeff, these are definitely free. Thanks for posting as I have an Adobe Stock account and couldn't be sure that I wasn't being given special access. Even with Adobe Stock after clicking on 'Licence' you are asked to confirm you want to buy, it's very hard to accidentally purchase.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do I find this dialouge box? Is it desktop or mobile? How do I get it to appear?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

It's for the desktop but it depends on what version of Photoshop you have, if you have the most recent version go to Edit > Preferences > General and enable this option, restart Photoshop

Untitled.jpg

Then just click on Create new

Untitled1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines