• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sony A7 III - Camera RAW

Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got my Sony A7 III. Took some pictures in RAW-format, but Lightroom can't import the files. I have the latest Camera Raw installed. Isn't the fileformat supported yet? (ARW)

Ulf

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The files for that Sony model should be fully supported if you are sure you are fully up to date. Are you running LRCC or LR Classic/LR6?

Which version & build number is installed?

You can find out from the menu:

Help >> System Info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom version: CC 2015.14 [ 1149743 ]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any reason you have not updated to LR Classic?

Launch Creative Cloud and you will find it in the Apps tab.

The latest version is:

Lightroom Classic version: 7.2 [ 1156743 ]

License: Creative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroom Classic also, (same version), but I have the same problem there. Same with Photoshop (19.1.2 20180302.r.277 2018/03/02: 1160083  x64)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the some Problem. When will you provide the camera raw update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

arianef84488387  wrote

I have the some Problem. When will you provide the camera raw update?

Just to clarify, a Camera Raw update will not fix the problem in Lightroom. You'll have to have the latest Lightroom update in order to have support for the camera. You cannot update Lightroom with an update to the camera raw plug-in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no support yet from Adobe for the Sony A7 III as this model was released after the last release of Lightroom and Adobe Camera Raw. There is support for the earlier released model Sony A7R III. See the screen capture. Updates a normally provided approximately every three months. The last update was sometime in Jan 2018 however doe not normally announce the intended timing.

Screen Shot 2018-03-20 at 6.30.19 AM.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updates a normally provided approximately every three months.

With LR 6 and 7, Adobe now provides updates every 55 days on average: Re: Timing of Lightroom releases

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user forum, so I suggest you bring this to the attention of the Adobe engineers by adding your vote at this link:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/sony-a7iii-raw-unreadable

Alternatively use the camera manufactures software to convert to tiff and import the tiff files if you cant wait for the next camera raw update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use exiftool to convert the raw files into the format of the Sony A7 ii.

https://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/

Use Command Prompt in Admin Mode to execute:

exiftool -sonymodelid="ILCE-7M2" -ext ARW -r [Foldername_with_raw_files]

After conversion you can open the raw files in lightroom. It may not be 100% native, but I did not notice any issues with the files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some news from the devs for an ETA?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MatthiasVG46  wrote

Some news from the devs for an ETA?

Adobe never talks about future updates/upgrades. So -as always- people either don't know, or they are not allowed to tell you.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

60/90 days update rate seems crazy in this day and age..
Is there a beta program available to get access to early fix with support for the new camera? Even if it's not calibrated and have bugs, I just want to open the files so I can edit my photos!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

christoffereng  wrote

60/90 days update rate seems crazy in this day and age..
Is there a beta program available to get access to early fix with support for the new camera? Even if it's not calibrated and have bugs, I just want to open the files so I can edit my photos!

No, you just have to have a bit more patience. Or use the Sony supplied software.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quote "60/90 days update rate seems crazy in this day and age.."

DPReview has this Camera model as announced 1 month ago.

B&H Photo Video web site has the camera available for pre-order with a delivery date April 10th 2018.

Adobe as far as I am aware will do their testing for profile development and support of the raw files when the production model has been released into the market. See the screen capture today, do you have an actual camera model available for your use?

Screen Shot 2018-03-29 at 7.01.53 PM.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hehe, well it's not always products is released to the USA before Europe!
I'm in Norway and picked mine up on march 23. (See order status attached)
And journalists have had access for a while, so I would think Adobe could have asked for a camera to start working with support in Lightroom etc..
Screen Shot 2018-03-30 at 08.13.47.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We are happy to announce the release of Lightroom Classic CC 7.3 and have introduced the raw support for the Sony A7 III.

See what's new in this release: New features summary for the October 2017 and later releases of Lightroom Classic CC

To update Lightroom Classic CC to 7.3, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop application next to Lightroom Classic CC.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Akash.

I just purchased the A7III and use PS Elements ..have 11 but have purchased  PSE 18.

Might you know when we can expect an update for ACR 10.3 so I can use the ARW files directly in PSE?

Yesterday I converted the  ARW files to DNG and it was "okay." Today, I tested the camera simply using shooting JPG XF and the IQ is excellent anyway, but want to switch back to raw files.

Thank you

Clive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LIghtroom Classic disappeared in my update window. It was there, I tried to add it, then it disappeared and now it is gone. Any suggestions?

Screen Shot 2018-04-14 at 12.57.17 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may have disappeared for the same reason the 4 products just above LR say Not Compatible, or have those 4 always been incompatible?

It's possible that Adobe shows everything, initially, and then removes things as it determines incompatibility that takes a few seconds or minutes to complete.

Do you know the specific system requirement that isn't met that causes those 4 products to be listed as not compatible?  In other words, is it the OS version not being current or the video card memory size being too small or the video driver support for particular operations that is lacking?

Have you had any version of LR Classic CC installed or are you just now looking into it due to purchasing a new camera that requires the latest version of LR?  Or do you have LR Classic CC 7.2 already installed and you just want to update to LR Class CC 7.3 to get support for the A7 III?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just want to get support for the a7iii. I only had one version of Lightroom CC before I saw this thread. Then I looked for the Lightroom Classic, found it, tried to add it and it disappeared. I can't find any version of Lightroom on Adobe Cloud other than the two shown in that screenshot I shared in my last message. Perhaps I have to uninstall the versions I have?

I would prefer to stick with the original version of Lightroom if I could.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could be because you are running an older version of Apple Mac OS X and can't use the newer versions of LR with that older version of OS X.

So what exact version of OS X is installed on your Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't meet the system requirements to upgrade to LR Classic you could convert your raw files to Adobe raw (DNG) and they will be compatible with LR CC 2015.

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Macintosh : Adobe DNG Converter 10.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I upgraded to the latest OS on my MacBook and was able to download LR Classic, which does accept the A7iii RAW files.

Thanks a bunch to all who helped and for this valuable forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines