• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gif made in photoshop misses out a section of the animation

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help I have made a gif using photoshop it works fine on my MacBook Pro, but when I send it to a client who has a windows computer it misses the title out on the first loop but then shows the title on the second does anyone know why this is happening????

Thanks Sam

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the client viewing the GIF from his local drive, or via the internet?  I am wondering if it is still downloading?  What is the pixel size, number of frames, colour bit depth and file size?

What are the frame timings?  Does the first frame have a delay set?  Note, I don't know that this would cause such a problem, and I am basically fishing

If you can link to the GIF, I can think of one or two forum regulars who would take a look at it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am transferring over via we transfer, which they download from the link they can see the gif and it opens in google chrome.

the gif is made up of 5 frames that are delayed for 2.5 seconds the pixel in 120 x 600 sure the link to the gig is below

Dropbox - 120-x-600.gif

Any help on this would be great!

Thanks

Sam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sam, I have tested it with Chrome, MS Edge and Firefox all from my local drive, and checked it with Photoshop — I can't see any problems, and it works properly in all cases.  I checked the Export settings — you have it set to 128 colours, and the files size is a perfectly manageable 65kb.

Everything is good with the file, so I can only think there is an issue with the method your client is using to view it.  Get the client to send the file back to you, just in case...    Check again where the file is located at their end before opening it.  The bottom line is that with such a tiny file size, I can't think what might be causing this.

A quick Google tells me that there are browser plugins that control the way frame animations are displayed. Most of these appear to be associated with Chrome.  Get the client to try another browser.  If that fixes the issue, then you can concentrate your research on finding a workaround for Chrome — the client is obviously not going to be happy about his add not working properly on a major browser.

https://www.lifehacker.com.au/2015/05/googles-animation-policy-stops-gifs-from-looping-forever-in-ch...

Good luck, and we'd appreciate any feedback if you find anything out.  I'll probably keep looking as well, as it is an interesting problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks So much for your advice!

I will keep you in the look about what goes on and if I find out any more on what is causing the issue

Thanks Again

Sam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this fixes it.  I have added an extra frame at the beginning with no text, and given it no delay.  If there is something going on with Chrome (I think Firefox might play similar games frame animations) it will go straight to your original first frame. When it loops, the frame without any type is too fast to be noticeable.

120-x-600-(revised).gif

[EDIT]  Having watched it play some more, there is a tiny blip on the first loop, but you can't see it after that.  Another approach might be to duplicate the first frame.  Give one no delay, and the second 2.5 seconds.  That would definitely eliminate the blip, and bypass Chrome's management of the GIF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for this I will try and let you know the outcome!!  Thanks Again Sam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines