• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom reinstall.

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been editing with Lightroom 5. I had to reinstall the program when I replaced my hard drive. I have several questions regarding problems I'm having now: I shoot in RAW, and store all of my photos on an external hard drive.

1. When I tried to view the photos in Lightroom, it tells me that it doesn't recognize the format.

2. When I attempted to edit new photos, Lightroom uploaded all of the old photos back onto my camera.

Should I remove the program and begin again?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rkbroder  wrote

I have been editing with Lightroom 5. I had to reinstall the program when I replaced my hard drive. I have several questions regarding problems I'm having now: I shoot in RAW, and store all of my photos on an external hard drive.

1. When I tried to view the photos in Lightroom, it tells me that it doesn't recognize the format.

2. When I attempted to edit new photos, Lightroom uploaded all of the old photos back onto my camera.

Should I remove the program and begin again?

1. What camera took the photos? What exact version number of Lightroom did you install (it is something like 5.X, or possibly 5.X.Y)?

2. I'm sure you don't really mean that Lightroom uploaded the photos onto your camera, as this isn't possible. Please explain this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a Canon 7D Mark II. Yes, it did upload over a years worth of photos back to the camera. I know because after each shoot I clear my media cards after uploading the photos to my computer.

Thanks

Robert K. Broder

Quality King Dist. Inc

Ronkonkoma, NY

Robert@qkd.com

Office: (631) 439-2073

Cell: (631) 831-6476

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroom version 5.

Robert K. Broder

Quality King Dist. Inc

Ronkonkoma, NY

Robert@qkd.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rkbroder  wrote

I have Lightroom version 5.

You will need to update your LR to version 5.7 in order to use the RAW photos from your camera in Lightroom.

Update information for older versions of Adobe Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it’s 5.1, but I’ll check when I get home.

Robert K. Broder

Quality King Dist. Inc

Ronkonkoma, NY

Robert@qkd.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Version 5.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The question is what did you install Lightroom 5 from? If it was from a disk then you have installed Lightroom 5.0 and there have been a number of updates. I don't understand how Lightroom would have I uploaded all of the old photos ONTO your camera. Lightroom doesn't do that. Please explain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed from a disk. I don’t know how it happened either. I keep all of my photos on two external hard drive, one is the main that I work off of, and the other is my backup. I work in RAW.

Is there a specific procedure when reinstalling Lightroom?

Thanks

(Edited by Moderator to remove personal info)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines