• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

EclipseHelp.jsx

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2009 Jan 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"What’s new in RoboHelp 8" in the product help announces the possibility to convert WebHelp to EclipseHelp via a script named "EclipseHelp.jsx". Unfortunately there is no such script at least not in the installation of the trial version. Can you please tell me where to get this script from? Or is there another way to generate EclipseHelp from one of the RoboHelp formats? Many thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rbaumx and welcome to the RH community.

RH8 comes with an ExtendScript Toolkit that enables you to create and manage your own scripts. This toolkit comes ready with a number of scripts including one to create EclipseHelp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi McAndrew,

thank you for your quick answer. I've installed the ExtendScript Toolkit coming with the trial download. But unfortunately there is no file called "EclipseHelp.jsx" not in the RoboHelp Office nor in the Adobe Utilities directory. Even a text search for files containing the word "eclipse" didn't bring any results. Where does your script file reside? Or is there an additional download necessary?

Bye Rainer

Ps: By the way: the Toolkit itself freezes on startup ... - my next problem! ;-)) But maybe there will be no need to use it (if the script works perfekt).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you looked in the Script Pod? (I think that's the name, not at a RH8 machine at the moment)

It is definitely a standard install.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter's right. Just click View > Pods > Script Expolorer and the EclipseHelp.jsx is there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yes, thank you! In the meantime I've found it and it's running! The result is not applicable yet, i.e. when I manually put the result as is in a jar file and install it in Eclipse there's no new help plugin available, but maybe (hopefully) it can be corrected easily. On the first look there' a manifest missing, my plugin name might not be correct and I'm not sure that the handling of the umlauts is suitable. But these things I can test by myself - unless you have additional tips for me? ;-)

In either case thank you for your answers. It helped me proceeding!
Rainer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp