• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

make public

Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom classic CC has a new function for me "make it public". A collection is made, you uze the button  "make public" and a URL is created.

Questions:

1. how can these photos be provided with a whatermark/copyright in a simple way?

2. Is it possible for other people to download/use these photo's?

3. Where are these photos stored and how can I delete them there?

Thanks in advance,

Warm regards, Frank

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

The Make Public button is in the top right corner of the center grid view in the Library module. It will only appear if you have synced your collection with Lightroom Mobile. Syncing needs to be turned on in the activity center under your catalog name. When syncing is turned on you can see a small rectangle to the left of your collections and if you tick that box you will see the sync symbol and at the top of the window you'll see what the progress is while it is syncing. If you tap the Make Pub

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Make Public" is a little misleading. What it really means is "generate a URL for this collection which can then be shared with selected people so that they may view the collection from their own system". With that in mind, the answers are:

1. It's not yet possible to watermark the images, though you can automatically add your copyright to them. But bear in mind YOU control who can see those images, they are not "public" in a wider sense.

2. Via the LRCC Web application you can enable/disable downloading on a per shared collection basis.

3. "Make Public" is only available for collections that you have synced to the Adobe cloud. Thus the images that would be viewed via the URL that you share are stored in the Adobe Cloud under your personal Adobe ID. You can delete them from there in several ways, easiest would be to select all the images in LR Classic that you want to delete from the cloud, then go to the All Synced Photographs collection in the Catalog Panel, right click on one of the selected images and choose "Remove from All Synced Photographs". That disables them from syncing and thus deletes them from the cloud (though they still remain in the Classic catalog, just no longer synced).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Frank,

1. how can these photos be provided with a whatermark/copyright in a simple way?

Watermarks can only be added upon export. Not an elegant solution however you could export the collection with a watermark (make sure add to this catalog is checked) > create a new collection with the watermarked images and then sync and make public.

2. Is it possible for other people to download/use these photo's?

You can choose this option here:

Synced collections are uploaded to Adobe's server (lightroom.adobe.com). And to delete see screen shot above and note the Delete tab in the top row last on the right.

Note: while the synced collection can be made public, only those that you have shared the link with will see the images. Not sure if you've seen the Adobe Portfolio site yet. You can upload collections from lightroom.adobe.com to Portfolio. Pf (portfolio is part of the photography plan).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cmgap  wrote

Synced collections are uploaded to Adobe's server (lightroom.adobe.com). And to delete see screen shot above and note the Delete tab in the top row last on the right.

That "Delete" button only deletes the album, it does not delete the images. You can delete images using the LRCC Web app by selecting all the files in the albums's grid view (need to click on the checkmark top right of a thumbnail, then shift-click on the checkmark of the last image in the sequence), after which the option to delete those selected images will appear in a toolbar above the grid.

If you are using Classic as well, I usually find it easier to remove the images from the All Synced Photographs collection, which automatically deletes them from the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is the make public options, I am not seeing it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Make Public button is in the top right corner of the center grid view in the Library module. It will only appear if you have synced your collection with Lightroom Mobile. Syncing needs to be turned on in the activity center under your catalog name. When syncing is turned on you can see a small rectangle to the left of your collections and if you tick that box you will see the sync symbol and at the top of the window you'll see what the progress is while it is syncing. If you tap the Make Public button in the center panel a URL will be generated which you can share by sending it in email or text. Click on the link to see what it looks like to anyone that receives the link from you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you I am on a PC and want to create a url and email it to people, can I do on my PC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. And anyone with the link can open it in any browser they are using, Chrome, Safari, Firefox...

If you are on the Photography Plan you can also publish synced collections to Portfolio. If this is something you will do on a regular basis you might like Adobe Portfolio... this is included with your plan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK,

I it worked but now I have to figure out what I did,

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great - glad to hear that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines