• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How Do I Re-Create This in After Effects?

Explorer ,
Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am for advice or guidance on how to re-create this animation in AE from the video.

1. I have the vector files of waveforms/lines

2. I was able to re-create something similar using a trial version of Red Giant Trapcode Form, but had to create the waveform lines from scratch and then animate using Time Expression.

3. I was unable to taper the ends like in the sample video. Is there a good technique in AE to pinch the ends like in the sample?

Any help or confirmation that Trapcode Form is the best solution would be greatly appreciated.

Best,

Mike

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Hi Kevin,

My bad, I should have followed up. I was unable to re-create the effect the way I wanted using Wave Warp. I ended up creating the lines from scratch using a trial version of  Trapcode Form which came out great, but I was really hoping to figure it out using Wave Warp, but could not get the fluid movement. 

Cheers,

Mike.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need any of these.

Just use the Wave Warp Effect from Distort.

Like That and change the Pinning option to get what you need.wave warp.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the quick response. Wave warp was what I initially tried but did not have good luck getting the smooth looping forward motion, but now that I know that is the right effect to use, I will go back in and see if I can get it.

Best,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to the above you can also use additional distortion effects like Bulge to control the tapering effect near the edges.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

How did you eventually solve this issue? Please let us know for the benefit of helping others with the same problem.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

My bad, I should have followed up. I was unable to re-create the effect the way I wanted using Wave Warp. I ended up creating the lines from scratch using a trial version of  Trapcode Form which came out great, but I was really hoping to figure it out using Wave Warp, but could not get the fluid movement. 

Cheers,

Mike.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this on a straight horizontal line - just a stroked path on a shape layer.
Wave Warp, with the settings Omar shows above, seemed to nail one of those lines almost exactly. Just tweak the width to make the others. A little bit of gradient coloring, and you're good to go

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Kyle,

I was was able to Wave Warp and grade the line just fine. The trouble I ran into was animating all of the lines to get the looping fluid oscillating effect. I could not seem to get the smooth forward motion and variation of all the lines that I was lookiing for.

Best,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines