• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When will lightroom allow to edit a7 III raws?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you know, sony has put on sale new a7 iii camera, but neither lightroom and camera raw accept these cameras raw's to be edited on them. Do you know when it will be able? Thank you very much.

Regards.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Hi All,

We are happy to announce the release of Lightroom Classic CC 7.3 and have introduced the raw support for the Sony A7 III.

See what's new in this release: New features summary for the October 2017 and later releases of Lightroom Classic CC

To update Lightroom Classic CC to 7.3, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop application next to Lightroom Classic CC.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This should be in the next camera raw/lightroom updates, possibly in April, but nobody knows the exact date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your only option is to use whatever software Sony supplies to Process and then convert, Save, that RAW files to TIFF files and then you can import those TIFF files into LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We are happy to announce the release of Lightroom Classic CC 7.3 and have introduced the raw support for the Sony A7 III.

See what's new in this release: New features summary for the October 2017 and later releases of Lightroom Classic CC

To update Lightroom Classic CC to 7.3, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop application next to Lightroom Classic CC.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2018 Jun 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about classic Lightroom 6.14? I have the latest version of Lightroom and the latest version of Camera Raw and I cannot open raw files from Sony a7 III (.ARW)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2018 Jun 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lillyd1211  wrote

What about classic Lightroom 6.14? I have the latest version of Lightroom and the latest version of Camera Raw and I cannot open raw files from Sony a7 III (.ARW)

v6.14 will only be capable of importing-

1. TIFF files converted by Sony software (as mentioned by JustShootMe02​ above, or

2. raw .DNG files converted from  the .ARW.  Use Abobe DNG Converter  Adobe Digital Negative Converter

Other option is to subscribe to a Photography plan and upgrade to Lr-Classic 7.3.1 (the "latest")

PS.

6.14 is NOT the "latest". It is the "Last" version sold as Perpetual (Stand-alone).

Camera Raw is NOT used by Lightroom. It is a 'built-in' component of the Lightroom program.  ACR is only needed as a plugin for Photoshop.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 10, 2018 Jun 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

lillyd1211  wrote

Uh, no. The latest version of LR is Classic 7.3.1, released in April 2018 and available only through a monthly subscription, not 6.14 from Dec. 2017. As stated above, support for the A7 III was introduced in LR 7.3, ACR 10.3 and the free DNG Converter 10.3. Using the DNG Converter app you can convert your ARW files to DNG files that will open in LR 6.14.

Digital Negative (DNG), Adobe DNG Converter | Adobe Photoshop CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines