Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New to Lightroom 6

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

In this video, at the 11.32 minute mark, in "Export," it shows "application preview" in the drop down box of Post Processing.
I don't have "application preview" and don't know how to get it?

If I click on "Open in Other Application," there is nothing in the "Application" box except "clear list."

I am using Lightroom 6 on Windows 10.

Would appreciate your help. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

To choose an application to open the exported file, click the Choose button (not the little arrow next to it), and navigate to the .exe file of the application you want to use.

The "application preview" is a Mac thing, and I don't think there is a Windows equivalent.

You could for instance choose the Windows photo viewer or the Photos app, or any other image viewer you have installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi cakelover

You'll need to navigate to the program file( basically the .exe file that opens the program) and then select that file.

Which program are you looking for post processing editing?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick response.

I went to the program files but there are several folders within Adobe Lightroom.  I was looking for the "application processing" that was shown on the YouTube video.

I just read Per Berntsen's response below, and it seems it was a Mac option though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Correct that's a MAC only option, not relevant for Windows.

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To choose an application to open the exported file, click the Choose button (not the little arrow next to it), and navigate to the .exe file of the application you want to use.

The "application preview" is a Mac thing, and I don't think there is a Windows equivalent.

You could for instance choose the Windows photo viewer or the Photos app, or any other image viewer you have installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would explain it.  Thanks for letting me know!

I chose "show in explorer" and my picture opens up in the location where I save my pictures.  That's fine for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines