• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Delete preferences in mac photoshop

Enthusiast ,
Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a pc user and reasonably proficient at Photoshop. That said, I have a friend who uses a mac and has described a problem to me that may be solved by deleting preferences and he does not have a clue how to accomplish that, nor do I. How does one go about deleting preferences in a Mac? Probably the easiest way, for my friend is not the most computer savvy person. Not sure on the OS, but the computer is less than two years old.

Thanks,

Joe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Do you know what version of photoshop is being used?

The legacy way of deleting the photoshop preferences is to

Press and hold the Shift+Option+Command keys just after starting the launch of photoshop

Keep holding the keys down until a dialog appears that says Delete the Adobe Photoshop Settings File

Press Yes

sf-1.png

With photoshop cc versions one can go to Photoshop CC>Preferences>General>Reset Preferences on Quit

and then restart photoshop.

sf-1a.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know what version of photoshop is being used?

The legacy way of deleting the photoshop preferences is to

Press and hold the Shift+Option+Command keys just after starting the launch of photoshop

Keep holding the keys down until a dialog appears that says Delete the Adobe Photoshop Settings File

Press Yes

sf-1.png

With photoshop cc versions one can go to Photoshop CC>Preferences>General>Reset Preferences on Quit

and then restart photoshop.

sf-1a.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Mac, press and hold Cmd-Opt-Shift, then launch Photoshop. A "Delete Settings" dialog pops up. Click Yes, and allow Photoshop to finish loading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes and be sure to do this at least every time you save a file. The delete prefs, then you can open another image. save and then restart photoshop. Yes each time for each image. This is a known issue that Adobe refuses to address.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines