• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF Builder 3 Trial Download Broken

Explorer ,
Mar 09, 2015 Mar 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The trial download link is totally broken. Does anyone at Adobe know or care?

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 10, 2015 Mar 10, 2015

Hi Paul,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused. Please check the PM sent to you for download links.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

You can use this link https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=coldfusion_builder&loc=en_us to download CFB3.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Anit, but no you cannot use that link to download. If you succeed

in filling out the form (chrome repeatedly says the page has died and tries

to kill it) you get a broken Akamai download manager popup that does

nothing. The box contains some odd looking parentheses () ( ) and a submit

button that does nothing, so presumably its a scripting problem on their

end. It points to the url:

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/bundle.cfm?loc=en_us&product=coldfusion_builder_EN_US&urls=http://trials3.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/CB/3/win32/ColdFusionBuilder_3_WWEJ_win.exe&language=en&index=0&name=Adobe%20ColdFusion%20Builder%203%20English%20Windows&prompt=prompt&prdLabel=Adobe%20ColdFusion%20Builder%203&optvalue=undefined&upsell=undefined

Hope this helps,

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused. Can you try the following steps:-

1. Go to https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=coldfusion_builder&loc=en_us‌.

2. Sign in with your adobe id credentials.

3. Complete your details on the right-hand side section, if not already.

4. Copy the URL http://trials3.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/CB/3/win32/ColdFusionBuilder_3_WWEJ_win.exe, paste it on the browser URL and hit “enter”.

The installer will start downloading. Let me know, in case it doesn't work for you.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Logged into Adobe.com. Filled out the form. Hit the url. Result:

Access DeniedYou don't have permission to access "

http://trials3.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/CB/3/win32/ColdFusionBuilder_3_WWEJ_win.exe"

on this server.

Reference #18.646a1db8.1425925829.ee15708

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have User level privileges on your server. Just curious, as you got the "Access Denied" error.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My server? I am logged into Adobe.com. Its YOUR server that is giving the

access denied error. Its trials3.adobe.com

<http://trials3.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/CB/3/win32/ColdFusionBuilder_3_WWEJ_win.exe>

that

is throwing the access denied error. Your server. I am an authenticated end

user attempting to access a resource for which I supposedly have

permissions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You only get "Access Denied" error, if you directly hit the http://trials3.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/CB/3/win32/ColdFusionBuilder_3_WWEJ_win.exe URL.

Can you try once again.

1. Go to https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=coldfusion_builder&loc=en_us.

2. Sign in with your adobe id credentials.

3. Copy the URL http://trials3.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/CB/3/win32/ColdFusionBuilder_3_WWEJ_win.exe, paste it on the browser URL and hit “enter”.

This should work for you, without any errors.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 10, 2015 Mar 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anit: following your instructions to the letter in a new browser (Firefox

instead of Google Chrome)

In Firefox, after going to the first URl I am actually prompted for my

Adobe credentials (this does not a actually ever happen in Chrome.) I log

in successfully. Then as per your instructions I paste the second url into

the browser url and hit enter. Result:

Access Denied You don't have permission to access "

http://trials3.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/CB/3/win32/ColdFusionBuilder_3_WWEJ_win.exe"

on this server.

Reference #18.646a1db8.1425997833.12692a47

Insanity can be defined as executing the same actions but expecting a

different result.

BTW, Chrome is blocking content on that first page because it believes that

it contains content from an insecure source:

Issue Websites that ask for sensitive information, such as usernames and

passwords, often use secure connections to transmit content to and from the

computer you're using. If you're visiting a site via a secure connection,

Google Chrome will verify that the content on the webpage has been

transmitted safely. If it detects certain types of content on the page

coming from insecure channels, it can automatically prevent the content

from loading and you'll see a shield icon Insecure content shield icon

appearing in the address bar. By blocking the content and possible security

gaps, Chrome protects your information on the page from falling into the

wrong hands.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 10, 2015 Mar 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused. Please check the PM sent to you for download links.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

Could I also be sent the instruction on where to locate the installer for CF Builder 3.1

Or, can I please have keys for Builder 2016.

I only made the puchase in the last few months ( now 2018 ).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scott, are you saying you bought CFBuilder 3.1 in recent months? From Adobe? I would think not, as I don't believe you can buy CFBuilder 3 but instead must buy 2016. This is the same as CF, where Adobe no longer sells CF11 (since CF2016 came out in early 2016), and they don't offer a download for it.

The mention above from Anit of a link for where to download it (CFB 11) was from 2015, before CFB and CF 2016 came out. So I think you'll find that you cannot download CFBuilder 3 or 3.1 from Adobe.

I see you asking for a CFB 2016 license key, for your CFB that you bought in recent months (I assume from a 3rd party), well sadly that's not how it works. 🙂 This is just like how someone with CF11 cannot just ask for a CF2016 license. There is an upgrade price.

As for CFBuilder, there is indeed an upgrade price available from CFB3. If you visit the CFB page (https://www.adobe.com/products/coldfusion-builder.html​), and click the "buy now" link in the top right, on the next page shown you can change the dropdown from "full license" to "upgrade", changing the price from $299 to $49 US.

You could be offered a link to download CFB2016 then, or you can also download the trial on the page listed above. (It would install alongside CFB2016, it is not an "upgrade" to it. That's how it always works, for CFB as well as CF.)

Hope that gets you sorted.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Charlie,

I have a Adobe Software Licence certificate issued on the 15-Dec-2017 for CF Enterprise 2016 but it contains the serial numbers for CF Enterprise 12.0 and for CF Builder 3.1 ( We only purchased Ent 12.0 )

So, whilst I didn't purchase it directly, I was issued the serial numbers by Adobe in December 2017, but can't find the download link  for builder 3.1 anywhere.

I haven't tried the 3.1 serial with the builder 2016 product. I may get time for that today, but doubt it will work.

I've sent an email to cfinstal@adobe.com ( the email address is missing an "L" ) and they have replied, but it was only a link the builder 2016 web page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do try that CFB key against CFB 2016. Assuming it works, there is no reason otherwise for you to favor CFB3 (more on that in a moment). I realize you are concerned because the certificate says it's for CFB3.1.

First, note that it say it is also for CF 12. There is no CF12. It is CF 2016. Clearly those responsible for generating that certificate got that wrong (which is sad, when you say it was given to you in late 2017. But heck, they may still do it today, for all we know.)

And I wonder therefore if it's possible that what they termed CFB 3.1 was what simply became the real name for CFB 2016. (I wouldn't be surprised, actually. About the only thing that CFB2016 added over CFB3 was in fact the Security Analyzer--which works only with CF 2016 Enterprise, so good that you have that.)

Again, you can install CFB2016 alongside CFB3. If you have done neither, try CFB 2016. It takes just a couple of minutes and you'll know your answer--and please share it here, for other readers

If you do ALSO have CFB3 already installed, and the key works in CFB2016, you could just uninstall CFB3, which would also take only a couple of minutes.. FWIW, you can even point CFB2016 at any CFB3 workspace you may have (at startup or with File>Switch Workspace), which would preserve the configuration. You can also import any existing projects by right-clicking in the Navigator and choose Projects then ColdFusion>Import Existing Projects.

Let us know how it goes, Scott. (And if anyone from Adobe is following along, it would surely help if the purchase certificates did reference CF2016 rather than 12, and CFB 2016 rather than 3.1, if this is indeed the issue and the source of Scott's confusion.)

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation