• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No full screen with Lightroom Classic on iMAC

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed Lightroom Classic 6.14 on my iMac 5k 27" with AMD Radeon Pro 580. When comparing the Lightroom full screen presentation with the iPhoto App full screen modus I noticed that the LR full screen presentation is much smaller than the iPhoto full screen modus (LR: 31 x 45 cm, iPhoto: 33 x 49 cm). The Adobe hotline could not help me as they are not capable of giving handling advices for LR using iMAC. Does anyone make the same experience and know a solution how to increase the full screen presentation with LR Classic?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

I think you're also in Library's View > Loupe mode (viewing a single photo).  That does indeed put a margin around the photo.

Try this instead: In Library, do Window > Screen Mode > Full Screen Preview (shortcut F).  That should fit the photo to the screen, with black margins on the sides of the dimension that are too short.

I always find all these different modes and their placement in the menus too confusing, but I use Full Screen Preview extensively.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's clarify exactly how you're getting to "full screen".

1. Are you clicking the green button in the upper-left corner of the LR window:

2. Are you giving one of the commands in the menu Window > Screen Mode, or typing one of their shortcuts?

(You could be doing both 1 and 2 or either one.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using your 2nd possibility: menu Window, screen mode, full screen, hide right and left control panels.

Unfortunately the full screen presentation with LR is significantly smaller than with iPhoto presentation. It seems as LR does not rmake use of the 27" display.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you're also in Library's View > Loupe mode (viewing a single photo).  That does indeed put a margin around the photo.

Try this instead: In Library, do Window > Screen Mode > Full Screen Preview (shortcut F).  That should fit the photo to the screen, with black margins on the sides of the dimension that are too short.

I always find all these different modes and their placement in the menus too confusing, but I use Full Screen Preview extensively.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much for your response. By using the LR full screen preview I now have the same full screen presentation as with iPhoto. Thanks a lot for your support!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines