• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color in Menus

Participant ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking to produce a site with very minimal color, and so I have a menu on a master page, with no color fill and dark text. However, when I navigate to any of the pages listed in that menu the button for that page within the menu is dark, just like the text. I'm not able to edit the color of that button from the page to keep . What am I missing?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

That is exactly, what I said in my first answer!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1.jpeg2.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the “States“ panel, select the different states and modifiy the colous state-wise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done that on the Master page, but cannot select the menu on the other pages?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can‘t select a master page element on layout pages. You can edit such an ekement only on the master page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I thought. So how does one prevent the dark button as shown above?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said: Modify the menu on master page.

You may duplicate the master page, modify the menu and assign it to a specific layout page, if you need different menu appearances.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not understanding this. I have modified the menu on the master page, but it changes when it appears on the pages themselves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any idea, how master pages work?

Just look here: https://helpx.adobe.com/muse/using/master-pages.html

All master page items and their styling appear on every layout page, to which rhe master is applied.

If you need something else, create a second master or duplicate the existing master, re-style the elements as you like, and assign this master to the appropriate page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Master Pages in InDesign all the time. This is a problem with the menu rendering as I see it.

When I visit any page which is in the menu list, the menu appears differently on that page, with the link/button/menu item for the page darkened (I suppose highlighted) in the menu.

The images above are of the menu from the master page, then the menu when viewed on the 'cumulative exposure' page. The master Page has the menu with no fill, text of a dark grey. When I visit a page in the menu there is a fill of grey (highlighting) which I cannot figure out how to remove.

I am trying to remove this highlighting so that when one is viewing a page shown in the menu the menu looks like the same simple list as seen on the master page, not a list with any type of highlighting. I am trying to have consistency across the site, where the menu is identical no matter what page one is on.

The tutorials I've seen show this highlighting. Is there a way to remove this highlighting or prevent it? Or is the menu widget built to always highlight the page one is viewing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found it. Under "States" I can change the menu fill when the page is active to not highlight there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is exactly, what I said in my first answer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines