• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Having an issue with some objects not pinning to center correctly at smaller breakpoints

Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I recently had a client request a couple small website modifications. I hadn't opened the site in Muse for about a year, but I opened the site, made the small changes (just some different text—didn't tamper with any page elements), then published it. Everything was working fine prior to publishing the site, but now it's having some issues with certain objects not pinning to the center of the page at different breakpoints. The website is: http://restorevocrehab.com/

The quotes section towards the bottom is centered fine at larger resolutions, but tablet/mobile resolutions are displaying the quote off to the right a bit (as shown below)

alignment issues muse a.png

This issue is occurring with some of my CTA buttons, also (as shown below)

alignment issues muse a.png

I've verified that every object is pinned to the center, but the issue still remains.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Joe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Joe,

Can you please try grouping the two boxes and see if that helps?

Thanks,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Ankush, thanks for the response—all of the objects are grouped and the issue persists!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Text boxes normally are better done without any pinning but with responsive width. You´ll have to stretch them big enough so they fit into 320 without breaking too much into many lines.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply! The issue seems to be with the buttons, not the text boxes, though. The quotes section on the bottom is a slideshow that loops through different quotes.

It's just very odd that a year ago when I last worked on this, everything was fine, now with the newer version of Muse, things seemed to break.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can set the buttons responsive in width as well.

Buttons are kind of text boxes as well, aren`t they?

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In a smaller break point, wouldn't pinning to the left work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It deoends on your design and on the kind of breakpoints you set up.

In fluid width breakpoints, setting the text to responsive width should help.

You may see, that as soon as you set the text to responsive width the pinning disappears.

In fixed width breakpoints no pinning is necessary and helpfull.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines