• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere constantly crashes

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I've been using Adobe products for a couple of years and working with Premiere is a nightmare for me lately. It crashes all the time or gives me all kinds of error messages or image dropouts. I work with RED R3d files. It usually works well about 30 min, then I get "red importer error" or "adobe premiere has crashed". I observed, that some particular effects tend to cause the crash. For example - I apply the Mirror effect on a clip. Then the image goes black and Premiere crashes. When I open the project again and I get to the clip, where the effect is applied, Premiere crashes again.  A lot of effects cause black dropout - no image in the program monitor.  Nesting clips cause black image as well. I observed, that switching renderer to "software only" helps with almost everything, but it's not a solution because everything is slow as hell and I can't even play a video smoothly. I have Geforce GTX 1050 Ti right now, I used to have Radeon HD 7870 - which is officially supported card and the problems were even worse! I have tried updating the video card, reinstalling, updating Premiere, even reinstalling the whole system...nothing works. I use a lot of programs for photo, video, and music production, playing games occasionally... everything works well and I never get an error message or crash in other programs, so I think my computer is in a quite good shape, but there is something wrong with the Premiere. I like the program, but all the things are really demotivating for me. Please help me. I don't want to learn another editing software. Thank you. Jaroslav

My PC:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40Ghz, 4 core

24 GB Ram

Geforce GTX 1050 Ti

Windows 10 professional

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried transcoding your R3D files into an intermediate format? Transcode a few into Cineform and see if you still experience crashing during edit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, but I use RED mainly because I Iove the RED workflow. The variability of working with RAW files directly is really important for me. I'll try it, but I'm not sure, this is how I want to work. It should work with R3D. It's supported and it used to work formerly! But thanks for the reply. I'm going to try it at least.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I should mention the reasoning to try this is simply as a troubleshooting measure to narrow down the issue, not as a workflow solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, interesting. I transcoded a few files into Cineform and imported them into the project. It's the same problem. It doesn't crash, but the image goes black when I apply an effect on the converted clip. BUT if I open the file in the new project, then it works. So there is probably something wrong with the project, but I have no idea what it could be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Open your original project.
  • Import some of the Cineform files.
  • Create a new sequence from one of the Cineform files.
  • Try to apply one of those effects.

Does it go black then? If not, check your sequence settings for your R3D timelines/sequences. There may be some settings that aren't matching your footage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like we are getting to the core of the poodle here. Yes, the "new sequence from clip" works, and yes, resolution of my original sequence doesn't fit the footage. I changed it on purpose, I do it every time because I want to get a 16:9 image out of the RED full sensor format. I didn't know this could be a problem. Now I'm going to change my original sequence to fit the footage and I hope it will help. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2018 Mar 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, it looked like making sequence the same resolution can help, but no way. It's still bad. The biggest problem for me is, that effects make the image drop out! I apply an effect and suddenly - black screen. Sometimes even changing the size or position makes this. Please help me, I'm desperate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2018 May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same card with similar crashing issues and after running through all the customary fixes to no avail I contacted customer support. Evidently this is a problem Adobe and Nvidia are aware of and trying to fix (so we can hope...) and in the meantime all we can do is use horribly slow software render mode...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Step 4D below.  Report back.

Unofficial Premiere Pro Troubleshooting Guide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines