• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I think CopyCSSToClipboard.jsx didn't written out from ESTK with UTF-8 signature.

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, I'm an Asian user, so sorry for my poor English vocabulary.

My Photoshop is Windows version 19.1.1 and I think Adobe Photoshop CC 2018/Required/CopyCSSToClipboard.jsx didn't written out from ESTK with UTF-8 signature.

My problem was any function related SVG export in Photoshop didn't work at all(like export svg in 'Export As' window, 'Quick Export as Svg', and 'Copy SVG' of layer). Particularly, 'Copy SVG' and 'Copy CSS' showed me some error message : 'Javascript code was missing'(Copy CSS), 'Error 44 : cannot convert...'(Copy SVG).

02-3.PNG

I found codes involved in those error, 'CopyCSSToClipboard.jsx' and 'CopySVGToClipboard.jsx'. In the former code, I found this comment :

// IMPORTANT: This file MUST be written out from ESTK with the option to write the UTF-8

// signature turned ON (Edit > Preferences > Documents > UTF-8 Signature). Otherwise,

// the script fails when run from Photoshop with "JavaScript code was missing" on

// non-English Windows systems.

I'm non-English Windows user, so I found my problem finally. After found it, I installed Extend Script Toolkit and copy the code and save as same file name, covered existing file.

Then, everything were working. Therefore I think CopyCSSToClipboard.jsx didn't written out from ESTK with UTF-8 signature.

I will be waiting for official user's reply. Thanks.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Photoshop Scripting​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To report a bug to Adobe you would use Photoshop Family Customer Community  this is a user forum site.  However looking at my system I see that that script file was update March 1 2018.  So Adobe may have fixed the problem in the March 19.1.2 update you seem to still be on version 19.1.1.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines