• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio Track Effects workarounds

Participant ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For several years, users like me have been looking for a way to copy and paste audio track effects.  Almost every project I edit has voice tracks that need sweetening or sound effects that need some reverb to make them match the environment.  I edit hundreds of sequences a year and every time, I have to start from scratch adding EQ, voice enhancements, limiter and adjusting all of those parameters by hand.

I don't understand why this simple feature has never been addressed.

I have 2 workarounds I'd like to share and wondered if anyone else has a suggestion ...

1. Build a template sequence with commonly used effects and settings applied to the audio track mixer, then always start a project by importing the template sequence.  (Drawback is that the template can't anticipate how many tracks of each you will need)

2. Take a snapshot of the UI so that at least you can use it for reference when applying all those settings from scratch.

Does anyone else have a suggestion?  Or a friend at Adobe you can bribe to add the feature?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It can't yet be done in Resolve, either.    So don't feel too bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find myself in the same position and I too am using templates which works for most cases.

You are absolutely right, this is a very basic feature that shouldn't be exclusive to DAWs

I'm working on projects with different sequences that each have similar mixer settings and EACH TIME i have to apply EQ, compression and whatnot (Because of course the mixer doesn't "save" settings from other sequences within the same project eventhough they use the same track setup)... Very very tiring if you do this the whole day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cheers bud, already found my way there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Correct answer" doesn't solve the issue. It seems to explain how you can now copy effects from one track to another by drag-and-drop, but does not explain how to copy and paste from one sequence to another. Not so helpful...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I really hate how often they do that in these forums. The "correct answer" is there is no solution??? Really???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines