Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with Photoshop Opening Images

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

Every time I open up an image in Photoshop, it opens in a minimized screen within the screen. I can't go full-screen or even zoom into the image. This is quite a problem since it renders Photoshop useless... Can someone please help me figure out what the issue is?

9025b4c9-8e3a-421e-b01d-1c5b5f64b2fa.png

Also, since I have a 4K screen, it makes the tools smaller in scale. Does anyone know a workaround to this?

Thank you!

Nik

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nik

It would really help us to help you if you provided more info, what version of Photoshop and OS do you have and systems specs would help too.

Without knowing this info we really can help, so please provide as much information as possible

Have you tried resetting Photoshop preferences and updating your GPU driver from the manufacturers website?

To restore preferences quickly using a keyboard shortcut: Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Photoshop. You are prompted to delete the current settings. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Photoshop

About the small icons that's more than likely related to you using a older version of Photoshop like CS5/6 on a 4K monitor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ged,

Thank you for your reply!

I'm using Photoshop CS6 on Windows 10 Home/Dell XPS 15 9560. It's a 64-bit operating system, with an i7-7700HQ CPU.

I tried the Alt + Control + Shift method, but it didn't work. I also tried updating the system, but to no avail.

Thank you,

Nik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check will this problem be gone when you dock your 'Tools Bar' to left edge of workspace and share with us this info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kukurykus,

Docking the toolbar didn't work. Thanks for the rec, anyways!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggested it as thought maybe you use CC2018, however there is a little different behaviour. This one I see first time ever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You’ve probably tried this already, but go to Window menu > Arrange > Consolidate to tabs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the recommendation, but this didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

scrnshot3.jpg

Change your preferences as per screenshot will do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It may help, but if he doesn't want documents be opened as Tabs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines