Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro - hyperlink

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I would like to create a web link that will point to a specific section in pdf document. I am going to merge few documents into one but at the same time ensure an easy access to information for users. To create taggs in the merged document I am going to use Adobe Acrobat Standard XV,  then taggs will be used to create a destination link.

Please confirm if this link will work properly by openning the specific section of the document for users who have only Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Appreciate any help,

Kasia

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post moved from RoboHelp WebHelp forum. RoboHelp is a different Adobe product.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In theory it's possible (see: https://www.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/devnet/acrobat/pdfs/pdf_open_parameters.pdf ), but it will only work if the file is opened inside the browser window and using the Adobe plugin, which is not supported almost anywhere any longer, unfortunately. In other words, don't count on it working for most users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any other solution to create a web link that will point to a specific section in PDF doc that  will work for all users?

Desperately I need something  :-((((

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please note that I cannot point to a specific page as pages of this document may change after updating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, not really. There are just too many PDF plugins out there with very big differences between them in terms of features and compatibility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note too that "tags" mean something specific in PDF, and tags have nothing to do with links or destinations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so who to create a destination link to the section of the doc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can create a "named destination". Years ago, this worked perfectly, but now the success of PDF has killed this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my company IE only has adobe plugin for 2015 reader, will users be able to open the document in the specific section having adobe reader 2015 plugin (I will create the destination link in acrobat standard as mentioned)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are developing for in-company use, you have standardised on IE, it should work for now. I read Microsoft will kill IE soon though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much! This was very helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines