• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC shortcuts; shift duplicate and shift drag screwed

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Photoshop for many years. I have just switched to CC.

When on the marquee tool;

I often use the Apple+Alt+Shift drag to duplicate a group of assets.

I also use Apple+Shift to move groups/single elements.

Theses are 2 of my most used shortcuts and both are randomly not working in CC. Instead of copying the elements they are selecting layers inside the group and often the base layer which is a right mess when dragging. I now have to use arrow keys when duplicating or moving elements. Is this some kind of bad joke!?

This issue also exists for when using the move tool on its own. it makes working extremely slow.

I have tried ditching prefs and reopening but still no good.

I have seen quite a few previous posts about shortcut errors for older versions of CC but I'm using 19.1.2 on MacOS HighSierra 10.13.3 MacBook Pro late 2013, and this is infuriating.

Is this being looked at ?

m.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Layers, Channels, Options Bar, …) visible?

What are the Move Tool settings (see Options Bar)?

Is this being looked at ?

This is a user Forum, so you are not really addressing Adobe here, even though some Adobe employees thankfully have been dropping by.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically CC doesn't like folder groups of layers. I've noticed that if i open a folder group and select all the layers inside I can drag the whole lot.

However just now for example I've managed to select 2 layers not inside a group and not be able to drag them as when I do one always gets deselected and sometimes a random other one will get selected.

Doesn't matter how you cut it, this is not working for me, whether i use a shortcut or not. This is a bug and I feel rather surprised that I'm not hearing -oh yes I have that bug.

example.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't matter how you cut it, this is not working for me, whether i use a shortcut or not. This is a bug and I feel rather surprised that I'm not hearing -oh yes I have that bug.

Instead of jumping to conclusions please answer the question and post less meaningless screenshots – as requested in previous post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I explained the issue quite clearly. And I will ignore your rude tone as there is no need for that here.

You asked for a screen grab. I don't really have all day to explain this relatively simple issue. In said screen grab I have the move tool selected, I have a folder group selected. When dragging the folder group will open and often only 1 item will be selected and move.Or sometimes its one item from the folder group and the base layer.

There is a known glitch thats been with Photoshop for a long time if you are on the move tool and apply the move shortcut over the top it does this even in Photoshop 6. But what is happening in CC is that its choosing to randomly do the same thing. And on top of this is also able to deselect elements when I am trying to drag.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You asked for a screen grab. I don't really have all day to explain this relatively simple issue. In said screen grab I have the move tool selected, I have a folder group selected.

But you have not included the requested UI elements like the Options Bar in the screenshot.

And I will ignore your rude tone as there is no need for that here.

What exactly was rude about my posts?

And how about your original post?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also please state the exact Photoshop version you are using.

Maybe read this (in particular the section titled "Supply pertinent information for quicker answers"):

https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7044

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my original post it stated my machine spec, os and version of photoshop, but to clarify again:

I'm using CC 19.1.2 on MacOS HighSierra 10.13.3 MacBook Pro late 2013. And to add further to this, 8Gb RAM, 3 GHz Intel Core i7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my original post it stated my machine spec, os and version of photoshop, but to clarify again:

So you did, please forgive my oversight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is the Move Tool’s Auto-Select set to »Group« or »Layer«?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines