• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lr Classic Stopped Importing

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lr Classic has stopped importing photos from my some of my external hard drives and will not allow me to drag photos in collections from one place to another or drag photos from imports to collections.  Worked fine this morning, rebooted computer, signed off of Lr, no help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does not allow? What happens? Please explain in detail.

When you do the drag, you need to start by pointing your mouse in the middle of one of the photos, and not in the grey rectangle surrounding the photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, DJ. My LR has gotten very slow and just goes on strike occasionally. It is also deleting photos from collections that can’t be found. No “!”, just gone. I am compiling a book to be printed by Texas A&M Press, so this is scary. So far, I have been able to work around this, and I am saving the final versions to 3 external hard drives, which seems to be working. But it is of concern.

I am able drag photos again. I think, but am not sure, that the problem I asked about was that it was so slow to respond I just thought it wasn’t working at all. Thank you very much for your response. Dexter

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With regards to your importing problems, there have been two different threads in this forum in the recent few days, which both concluded that hard disk malfunction somewhere was the cause of their importing problems, and once the disk malfunction was removed (usually by using a different disk), the import problems went away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2018 Mar 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a pretty good photographer, I think, but I make no claim to computer competence.  At present, LR is an application residing in Applications on my Mac Pro.  I think it needs to stay there, so I can travel with it.  I thought that is where everybody kept it. Furthermore, I frankly don't know how to move it and I am terrified of losing everything on it if I start messing about with it.  How would "I use a different disk?"  Thanks again for your advice and willingness to help.  Dexter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AjF2  wrote

I am a pretty good photographer, I think, but I make no claim to computer competence.  At present, LR is an application residing in Applications on my Mac Pro.  I think it needs to stay there, so I can travel with it.  I thought that is where everybody kept it. Furthermore, I frankly don't know how to move it and I am terrified of losing everything on it if I start messing about with it.  How would "I use a different disk?"  Thanks again for your advice and willingness to help.  Dexter

No, I didn't mean you should move Lightroom. I meant to import the photos to a different disk. Change the Destination Folder in the Import dialog box to a different disk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only import photos to external hard drives already.  I have 26,000 raw photos on one catalog in LR, and I keep no photos on the laptop.  Are 26,000 photos too many for one catalog to handle?  Or, my 8TB primary ExHD is getting close to full, could that be the reason?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AjF2  wrote

I only import photos to external hard drives already.  I have 26,000 raw photos on one catalog in LR, and I keep no photos on the laptop.  Are 26,000 photos too many for one catalog to handle?  Or, my 8TB primary ExHD is getting close to full, could that be the reason?

The size of the catalog is not the problem. Full (or almost full) hard disk could be the problem. As I suggested in my last post, try importing to a DIFFERENT hard disk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, I will switch over, and thanks.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines