Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS6 serial number was revoked. Please help

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe,

I'm looking for help in activating my Photoshop CS6. I bought my serial key from A&G Software Store and I've been greeted by a message that my serial number has been revoked. It is the second time I'm installing this software at the same machine (due to OS reinstall).

Please help,

Zak

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Thanks for all the advice and help from Adobe. Am feeling 'pretty sore' about all this; I asked the reseller loads of questions before purchasing & they insisted they were genuine Adobe resellers (well, they would, wouldn't they!)

Adobe have offered me a significant reduction on a CC subscription but, to a pensioner who was only using CS6 for any actions which could not be achieved in Elements 15, the price is out of my reach.

The good news is, after Adobe phoned & spent over 1 hour trying (unsucc

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here and, when available, click 'chat', https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

[moved from Creative Cloud Download & Install to Downloading, Installing, Setting Up]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One POSSIBLE reason is that you were illegally sold either an OEM or Corporate number instead of an individual number, and Adobe has figured out that you don't have a number that is valid for you to use

Invalid Serial Number https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2359923

-Problems with software validation https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2273259

-Warning that software is not genuine http://www.adobe.com/genuine.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem  - my copy IS GENUINE and was registered originally - but now have a new computer running Windows 10 so have deactivated the product on the original computer and tried to move it to the new system. They should not revoke number without disclosing proof and details. I think that it is an attempt to get us to migrate to cc - not a chance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beauv52 I am only showing a license for the education version of Acrobat 10 Professional for Windows being registered under the e-mail address you used to post to this public forum.  If you are trying to install Acrobat 10 Professional then please make sure to utilize the installation files provided with your purchase.

Beauv52 if you are trying to install Photoshop CS6 then please see the links offered by John in message #2 of this discussion for steps you can take to gain access to Adobe software.  If the serial number for Photoshop CS6 is registered under a different e-mail address then please don't hesitate to contact our support team, as discussed by Kglad in message #1, to determine why the serial number is not being accepted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My serial number or license number has also been revoked & I only found this out because I tried to use indesign cs6 on my new mac book. I bought my design standard license in the states and installed it on my old mac then just upgraded and transferred the software to the new mac.

I contacted adobe uk about this and after a long winded chat, they advised me that my license was purchased from an un-authorised dealer and that the number was revoked. they then offered me a discounted price for a cc subscription etc. I don't really want to have to spend again when I bought my original license in good faith, installed it and followed all the necessary prompts to be able to use the suite.

I want my original license, as printed onthe box of the dvd, re-instated because as far as I am concerned I bought a legitimate license.

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Consueloc58853471, I am sorry you are unable to utilize the Creative Suite 6 serial number you previously purchased.  The scenario you described does sound very familiar.  I would be happy to verify that the serial number is no longer valid.  Can you please send me a private message with the serial number you are using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

the serial number is: 1408-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx

Can this be re-instated?

Consuelo

EDIT [full serial number removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Consueloc58853471, please do not post your serial number in a public forum.  Please click on the View the full discussion link in your e-mail.  You will then be able to view the public forum discussion in your default web browser.

Once you are viewing the discussion you can hover the mouse over my name to send a private message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Consueloc58853471, I reviewed the serial number you sent via private message and can confirm it is no longer valid.  The serial number is for a volume license of Creative Suite 6 that was not designed for individual sale.

From post #5 you described contacting our support team and being made aware of the current offer for individuals who are facing these circumstances.  I am sorry that the organization you made your Creative Suite 6 purchase from victimized you.  Volume licenses are not designed to be resold to individuals but were designed for large organizations who needed access to Creative Suite software.

Consueloc58853471, I would encourage you to continue going through the process discussed in Invalid or revoked serial numbers .  My understanding is a generous offer is made for the first year of a Creative Cloud membership.  You are also given the opportunity to provide information on the organization who you purchased Creative Suite 6 from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am writing because I find dealing with the ADOBE customer service chat room very frustrating.

I asked to be given until tomorrow, friday the 16th february, to decide to get the offered subscription and now received an email saying that my case has been closed! I now have no way of looking at the offered price again and contacting adobe support at all!

What is wrong with ADOBE?

I am now waiting for an operator to chat with and have been placed in a queue.

Is there anyway you could help me out by getting me in touch with a customer service advisor more quickly? Is there an email I can write to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Consueloc58853471, I am sorry but only the team referenced at Invalid or revoked serial numbers are able to provide you with that offer.  Please proceed with the chat interaction.

For information on how to update open support cases see View Adobe Support cases .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the email I got from Adobe. Suggest you ring the Freephone number:

Dear xxxxxxx

We checked the below serial number at our end it says that it has been revoked under piracy.

Adobe blocks serial numbers that are known to have not been generated by Adobe or have been obtained illegally by unauthorized sellers.

Customers may only realize that the serial numbers have been blocked when they attempt to install or re-install their Adobe software, as in this case.

However, we have trained agents to handle these types of software piracy situations through our Adobe Genuine Team. So, request you to please call (UK Toll Free) 0800-917-6453 so that this issue can be taken care off.

You may reply to this email once fixed or any further assistance is required.

Thanks and regards

xxxxxx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had problems reinstalling Elements 15 & CS6. Eventually reset PC to 'factory settings' and made Adobe the first software I installed...

Elements 15 installed without a hitch - CS6 says 'serial number revoked...' Why? I purchased this from a reseller on Amazon, with a download link and serial number, as 'deactivated software'.

I feel this is just a ploy by Adobe to (try) to get me to pay a monthly subscription to CC. Not a chance, Adobe! I will have to manage with Elements 15, which does most of what I require. There is no way in which I can afford a monthly subscription to CC!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dellilah21, I am sorry that you are no longer to install the Middle Eastern volume license version of Photoshop CS 6 for Windows.  As discussed in case ADB-1381136-G9Y0 volume licenses were not designed for individual sale.

I am truly sorry that you were victimized by whatever organization sold you a volume license for Photoshop CS6.  Please see the link offered to Consueloc58853471 in message #11 of this discussion so you can report any details regarding your Photoshop CS6 volume license purchase.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all the advice and help from Adobe. Am feeling 'pretty sore' about all this; I asked the reseller loads of questions before purchasing & they insisted they were genuine Adobe resellers (well, they would, wouldn't they!)

Adobe have offered me a significant reduction on a CC subscription but, to a pensioner who was only using CS6 for any actions which could not be achieved in Elements 15, the price is out of my reach.

The good news is, after Adobe phoned & spent over 1 hour trying (unsuccessfully) to get Elements 15 to accept the serial number, I (once more) restored my laptop back to 'factory settings' and made Elements 15 installation the first thing I did. It installed straight away, with no problems. The Adobe technician was 100% correct in his diagnosis "Something in Windows 10 is blocking the installation".

Wish I could go back to XP - had no troubles at all in years of using that platform.

Once again, thank you Adobe for getting Elements 15 up and working for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the update, Dellilah21.  I am very happy to hear that Elements 15 was successfully installed.  Sorry, you had to revert to factory settings on the laptop to achieve a successful installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines