• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crash on latest Premiere Pro startup screen with fresh PC

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following problems with Premiere Pro crashing when rendering my final files I decided to reformat all my hard drives & do a fresh install of Windows 10 home edition, I also got my very experienced tech guy to run a full diagnostic on my PC and he found no errors. It has the latest version of Windows 10 Home Edition plus the most up to date graphics drivers.

The only program I have installed on my PC is Chrome and ESET Internet Security. Plus Adobe Creative Cloud. The next thing I did was to install the latest (as of March 21st 2018) version of Premiere Pro CC, which also installed the media encoder. When I opened Premiere Pro the splash screen showed and then I got the blue screen of death and the computer restarted. This happened twice.

On my old system plus this one I had been using the 2015 version of Premiere pro because of stability problems. It worked for a long time. When I started having problems with rendering out files I tried the updated version of Premiere Pro and had the same problem with it crashing when I tried to render files. So this recent reformat and reinstall of Windows 10 was the clean sweep option and it clearly hasn't worked. I'd readily try installing the previous 2015 version of Premiere Pro but I don't see it listed as an option in the Creative Cloud other versions.

My system details are: Intel i7-7820x cpu at 3.6 ghz, 32 gig ram, Direct X 12, nVidia Geforce GT6 1060 with 6 gig ram.

Simon Foster

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start with Step 3D below.  Report back.

Unofficial Premiere Pro Troubleshooting Guide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did step 3D. Uninstalled the virus software and restarted, Uninstalled Premiere Pro & restarted. Installed Premiere Pro (latest version) and the computer crashed on startup.

I was watching the splash screen and the program got as far as loading 'Fast Source Settings' before crashing one time, another time it didn't get as far as loading anything before crashing amd the final time it git as far as 'rolling shutter' before crashing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.

What does Windows Event Viewer say about the crashes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I have rather a lot of crash info. from the Event Viewer. Hopefully some of these will make sense...

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

{D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160}

and APPID

{9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276}

to the user DESKTOP-BN9MA8F\User SID (S-1-5-21-1029112104-2441507949-1368207871-1001) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

The ScRegSetValueExW call failed for FailureActions with the following error:

Access is denied.

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.  The bugcheck was: 0x00000124 (0x0000000000000000, 0xffff8005f152c028, 0x00000000b2000000, 0x0000000000070005). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\Minidump\032118-6000-01.dmp. Report Id: b98d7cd3-eba9-4718-9ebd-8243765d8a87.

The current state of play is that to experiment I installed Lightroom Classic to see what it would do. It crashed & the system rebooted when I tried to import files. It was throwing thumbnails of a folder on to the screen when the system crashed. I also tried installing a program from another developer called Affinity Photo on to the system. It seems to be working. Ialso found at one point that I had to relocate my keyboard into another usb port because it wasn't reacting to key presses. Also, at the moment I can't get Premiere Pro to load by clicking the Open icon in the Creative Cloud app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a bit more.

I tried installing Photoshop (latest version) which appears to work fine. I tried installing Premiere 2017 (ver 7) & associated media encoder. It crashed & the event viewer gave me:

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.  The bugcheck was: 0x00000124 (0x0000000000000000, 0xffff9e067f568028, 0x00000000b2000000, 0x0000000000070005). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 9496d8ee-a3cf-4cee-8a51-a829cc591aff.

- System

- Provider

[ Name]  Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting

[ Guid]  {ABCE23E7-DE45-4366-8631-84FA6C525952}

[ EventSourceName]  BugCheck

- EventID 1001

[ Qualifiers]  16384

Version 0

Level 2

Task 0

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime]  2018-03-22T07:49:04.130124400Z

EventRecordID 2609

Correlation

- Execution

[ ProcessID]  0

[ ThreadID]  0

Channel System

Computer DESKTOP-BN9MA8F

Security

- EventData

param1 0x00000124 (0x0000000000000000, 0xffff9e067f568028, 0x00000000b2000000, 0x0000000000070005)

param2 C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP

param3 9496d8ee-a3cf-4cee-8a51-a829cc591aff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.

That's not quite what I was looking for.  I should have been more specific.  Sorry about that.

The helpful data will be...

Faulting Application Name:

Faulting Module Name:

Exception Code:

They can be found in the Errors under Windows Logs>Application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jim & thanks for getting back to me. That's a problem. 3 times I've used my computer's clock to time to the second when I try to open Premiere Pro (latest version) and when my PC resets itself. I go to the Event Viewer -> Windows Logs -> Application. There is no Faulting Application Name entry logged.

For example, according to my clock display I clicked to open Premiere at 15:12:13 and it crashed at 15:12:22. The nearest registered event in the Application area before that is at 15:06:59. Then I have 6 events at 15:13:10. The first event at that time is:

The EventSystem sub system is suppressing duplicate event log entries for a duration of 86400 seconds.  The suppression timeout can be controlled by a REG_DWORD value named SuppressDuplicateDuration under the following registry key: HKLM\Software\Microsoft\EventSystem\EventLog.

And the one that may be most relevant to you is:

The description for Event ID 0 from source AdobeARMservice cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

I do have errors listed in Windows Logs -> System but the one closest in time to the launch/crash was at 15:05:41.

I'm sorry this is so vague but I can't give you the Faulting Application/Module name & Exception code if I can't see one listed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Run a disk check, set to repair automatically.  It might schedule for the next boot.  Then do so and reboot.  disk check.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip. I rand it on all 3 volumes on my system (program, scratch & storage) and no errors were reported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you run a hardware diagnostic test?  Could be a bad stick of RAM or failing hard drive.  Are the drives new?

In the past I've also went as far as reseating cards and perfs into the mobo, (wear a grounding cable when doing so).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peferling & thanks very much for the suggestions. I sent the computer to my tech guy (successful small business, been doing it for decades - the archetypal tech guy you want to see) to run a full hardware check before the reformat because I was worried about the nuts & bolts of the system. 8 hours later and he didn't find any problems. As far as he was concerned it was a clean system before he put reformatted & reinstalled windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.

At this point the only thing I can think to suggest is you've got bad hardware, or a bad driver, somewhere in the system.  Most often, those are the cause of BSOD's.  Software is normally only the trigger.

Nothing is overclocked, is it?  CPU, GPU, memory?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim. Nope, nothing is overclocked for precisely the reason you are conjecturing about. Hopefully I'll find a way round this but in the meantime, thanks for your efforts and advice anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good luck, man. It's frustrating when a new build doesn't work well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Things to consider:

Disable your network card in device manager.  Then disable your anti-virus.  See if that resolves.

You're gonna have to swap some cards into different slots.  Usb devices into different ports.

"AdobeARMservice" is an Acrobat Component.  Uninstall that temporarily.

"Access denied".  Are you using this in an account with Admin level privileges?

Disable the media and cache drives.  Run PPro off of the system drive only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the problem on two machines and changed the hard drive for 2x110ssds and I have apeace of mind now.

How old is your System Drive if it id more than 3yrs it might help to change it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Mar 24, 2018 Mar 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Agree.  I replace spinning drives every three years.  In fact, I just purchased what might the last of the new old stock WD Velocity Raptors in 500GB.  I'm aware of SSD, but had two fail on me, mid project -they simply burned out within 3 months of use.  I've used 10K raptors for many years without issue.  I'm hearing good things about the OCZ's, however.

Even if a device passes a software diagnostic.  It's a not a real world test, (run the test when the machine is hot -results may differ).  Replace the system drive.  If you have a dell precision, or similar with an onboard raid controller.  Consider using a raid for the system drive and keep an a system image file handy in case of failure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines