• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Benutzer/[Benutzername]/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop.....

New Here ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo,

kann man Photoshop sagen, dass es keine Datein in diesem (Benutzer/[Benutzername]/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop.....)Pfad ablegen soll?

Bzw. kann ich den Pfad ändern?

Grund: Unsere Benutzer haben nur eine gewisse Größe für das Benutzerprofil. Photoshop bläst bzw. überschreitet dies jedoch immer wieder.

So liegt in einem dieser Ordner die Datei Materials.psp welche 77MB hat (User haben nur 100MB freie Profilgröße). Wenn man diese löscht wird zwar wieder Speicher frei und Photoshop funktioniert einwandfrei. Jedoch wenn man dann gewisse Files öffnet wird automatisch dieses File wieder erstellt und unsere Benutzer haben immer wieder Profilmelungen bzw. Überschreitungen.

Kann man Photoshop irgendwie sagen, dass es diese Dateien wo anders ablegt zB. auf Laufwerk D und nicht im Profil?

Danke

LG

Mike

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

You can try changing the scratch disk to any other drive so that Photoshop will not occupy space for RAM memory.

refer: Selecting Scratch Disks | Customizing the Way You Work in Photoshop CS6 | InformIT

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe you came up with another solution in the meantime. Oh and I guess Mohit Goyal completely misunderstood your question. I also translated your request using Google Translator, but I was able to get the gist so far. Lucky me! 🙂

We had the very same issue in my office. Limited profile storage (200 MB), opening any Adobe application immediately results in users being unable to log off due to exceeded profile storage.

What I tried:

I tried to redirect the settings path via registry "HKCU\Software\Adobe\[......]", but this only works as long as your new settings path lies on the same drive (e.g. Adobe CC was installed on your system drive C:, therefore the settings path can only be (elsewhere) on C: as well). Redirecting this to a network share (mapped as a network drive) doesn't work, the new registry value will simply be overridden with its default value, which is the user's roaming AppData. Redirecting those folders out of the user's roaming AppData was not an acceptable solution as our computers loose any locally made changes by simply rebooting the machine.

What I did:

First of all, I'm not very happy with the solution I came up with, but anyway, this is better than nothing. We're using robocopy to copy the user's current Adobe folder to a network share, then we simply restore that folder when the user is logging in. We also exclude the entire Adobe folder from the roaming profile using GPO. As we have only a few users who really need specific settings when they work with Photoshop or whatever. Other users are perfectly fine with the default settings, this is why the following "workaround" works for my company quite good so far.

1. Exclude "AppData\Roaming\Adobe" via GPO (User Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > User Profiles > Exclude directories in roaming profile)
  2. Create a new security group in your AD, name it to something like "Redirected_Adobe_Settings"
  3. Create a new share (preferably on your file server), edit NTFS permissions:
    "Full control" for Administrators and SYSTEM --> Applies to "This folder, subfolders and files"
    "Read & execute" for your newly created group "Redirected_Adobe_Settings" --> Applies to "This folder only"
  4. Created for each user a new subfolder within that share, name that folder like your users' logon name
  5. Give each user "full control" to his personal folder
  6. Add a logon script via GPO (User Configuration > Windows Settings > Scripts😞
    robocopy \\server\adobe_redirected_settings$\%username% %appdata%\Adobe /MIR
  7. Add a logoff script via GPO (User Configuration > Windows Settings > Scripts😞
    robocopy %appdata%\Adobe \\server\adobe_redirected_settings$\%username% /MIR

If you have more than a handful of users, you should consider adding "CREATOR OWNER" to your NTFS permissions. Don't forget to add a "mkdir" command to your logon/logoff script to ensure the user creates a new folder (so you don't have to manually assign their permissions). We're doing this manually as we don't want everyone to be able to store files on that share. Our users love to store everything literally anywhere, that's why we even hide that share for our users. And that's also the reason why our security group has read only access on that folder. Of course, they're still able to store their files on that share in their Adobe settings folder. But we've informed our users that any improper usage will be detected and immediately deleted. In short, we periodically check those folders.

You perhaps don't want to simply redirect the user settings to a share like we do, so you could simply use robocopy to move those files to another folder (e.g. C:\Temp). Robocopy has another switch you could use to achieve this. Simply use /MIR instead of /MIR and point to a local directory and use the GPO setting mentioned in step one.

I hope I was able to help, Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines